Jose Mourinho makes England vs Croatia prediction - and has a keen interest with Manchester United stars playing
Jose Mourinho has given England the edge over Croatia ahead of tonight's World Cup semi-final showdown in Moscow.
The Manchester United boss branded Gareth Southgate's side a "happy team" and suggested the fact they are younger and fresher than Croatia gives them a key advantage.
While Croatia have been taken to extra-time and penalties in both their knockout games, England beat Sweden in normal time in the quarter-finals and were able to rest players in their final group game against Belgium.
That is why United boss Mourinho is leaning towards Southgate's side to make it through to Sunday's final against France in Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium.
Mourinho said: "England are fresher, have younger players, had an easy group phase, where they play two easy matches, and the match against Belgium they changed every player.
"So the players who are playing now, they all had one match less than Croatia to play, because they didn't play against Belgium, and the majority of players are young, fit players."
The United boss, speaking to Russia Today , added: "When I look to the team I think Ashley Young was 32 or 33 today or yesterday, but apart from that the players are very young.
"Between England and Croatia, I think Croatia has a great mentality, a fantastic midfield player [in Luka Modric] to control the game and the possession of the game, but
- “I regret lengthy Arsenal stay,” says WengerFootball 7 hours ago
- Kylian Mbappe donates his World Cup earnings to charityWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Liverpool star who went from rags to riches Football 1 day ago
- Chelsea keeper Courtois: Latest news on the best keeper at the World Cup moving to Real MadridFootball 21 hours ago
- Juventus responds to Zidane’s return rumoursGossip & Rumours 8 hours ago
- Anderson leads locals at MastersGolf 19 hours ago
- Golf-action moves to Karen course as KCB tourney kicks off-sports-golfGolf 1 day ago