Fernando Torres closes the curtains on Atletico Madrid career
Former Liverpool and Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has signed for Japanese side Sagan Tosu claiming that he wanted a new challenge.
He also revealed that he had offers from France, Germany and Spain but didn’t fancy playing for in another European team.
The 34-year-old’s contract at Atletico Madrid ran out this summer and did not renew.
‘I have had offers from France, Germany and even one from Spain but at no point did I ever think about going to another European team,’ said Torres.
‘I wanted a new challenge in a completely different place.’
- Kimanzi: Emerging Stars coach says his side can make Olympic historyFootball 6 hours ago
- Kenya Simbas ready to roar againRugby 6 hours ago
- Rugby: Okwemba positive ahead of second Championship match against MMUSTRugby 6 hours ago
- Key lessons from visit of EPL legend and businessman Robbie Fowler for Kenya’s sports organisationsFootball 6 hours ago
- Good news about Barcelona superstar coming to Arsenal Football 4 days ago
- Ballon d'Or top three 'leaked'Football 1 week ago
- Arsenal star baffles fans with what he did during trainingFootball 1 week ago