Fernando Torres closes the curtains on Atletico Madrid career
Former Liverpool and Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has signed for Japanese side Sagan Tosu claiming that he wanted a new challenge.
He also revealed that he had offers from France, Germany and Spain but didn’t fancy playing for in another European team.
The 34-year-old’s contract at Atletico Madrid ran out this summer and did not renew.
‘I have had offers from France, Germany and even one from Spain but at no point did I ever think about going to another European team,’ said Torres.
‘I wanted a new challenge in a completely different place.’
- Inside Ronaldo's £4.8m mansion set for sale after joining JuventusFootball 10 hours ago
- Neymar ‘set for shock PSG departure’Football 1 day ago
- Jose Mourinho reveals who will be Manchester United captain next seasonFootball 2 hours ago
- CAF Confederations Cup quarter-finals hopes: Gor's Guikan responds to critics in fine styleFootball 21 hours ago
- Manchester United star ruled out until September - MourinhoFootball 1 day ago
- Sports court annuls AC Milan Europa League banSports 6 hours ago
- Why World Cup stewards are in trouble after confronting pitch invadersWorld Cup 2018 9 hours ago