Fernando Torres closes the curtains on Atletico Madrid career
Former Liverpool and Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has signed for Japanese side Sagan Tosu claiming that he wanted a new challenge.
He also revealed that he had offers from France, Germany and Spain but didn’t fancy playing for in another European team.
The 34-year-old’s contract at Atletico Madrid ran out this summer and did not renew.
‘I have had offers from France, Germany and even one from Spain but at no point did I ever think about going to another European team,’ said Torres.
‘I wanted a new challenge in a completely different place.’
- Champions League Group A: Atletico shake off domestic woes to clinch comeback win at MonacoFootball 3 hours ago
- Sh1.1m raised for noble cause: Chebii swings to victory as Weru registers maiden course Hole-in-OneGolf 1 day ago
- Motorsport: Weekend Hill Climb competition postponed due to unforeseen reasonsSports 4 hours ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 3 hours ago
- Basketball: KPA’s trip to Tanzania in doubtBasketball 4 hours ago
- Two football fields on top of a church building in NairobiFootball 1 day ago
- Arsenal’s Mustafi could be fined for making ‘political gesture’ while celebrating goalPremier League 2 weeks ago