Fernando Torres closes the curtains on Atletico Madrid career
Former Liverpool and Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has signed for Japanese side Sagan Tosu claiming that he wanted a new challenge.
He also revealed that he had offers from France, Germany and Spain but didn’t fancy playing for in another European team.
The 34-year-old’s contract at Atletico Madrid ran out this summer and did not renew.
‘I have had offers from France, Germany and even one from Spain but at no point did I ever think about going to another European team,’ said Torres.
‘I wanted a new challenge in a completely different place.’
- Ronaldo: Juventus bought me to help them do things they have never done beforeFootball 1 month ago
- Kenyans battle Ethiopians in Boston after Paris lossAthletics 6 days ago
- Champions League round of 16 second leg preview: Dortmund must go all out against TottenhamFootball 1 month ago
- How careless Manchester United were undone by MessiFootball 3 days ago
- Reactions pour in ahead of mouthwatering Zarika, Phiri fightBoxing 4 weeks ago
- Man United celebrate Solskjaer's appointment by returning to top fourFootball 3 weeks ago
- Football: Scholes quits after 31 days as managerFootball 1 month ago