Fernando Torres closes the curtains on Atletico Madrid career
Former Liverpool and Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has signed for Japanese side Sagan Tosu claiming that he wanted a new challenge.
He also revealed that he had offers from France, Germany and Spain but didn’t fancy playing for in another European team.
The 34-year-old’s contract at Atletico Madrid ran out this summer and did not renew.
‘I have had offers from France, Germany and even one from Spain but at no point did I ever think about going to another European team,’ said Torres.
‘I wanted a new challenge in a completely different place.’
- Two France fans die in Moscow during violent World Cup celebrationWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- France 4 - 2 Croatia: Identity of World Cup pitch invaders REVEALEDWorld Cup 2018 16 hours ago
- France beat Croatia to win 2018 Fifa World Cup in MoscowWorld Cup 2018 16 hours ago
- France vs Croatia lineups as Fans arrive ahead of World Cup Final World Cup 2018 19 hours ago
- Kenya tops medal table on the final day of World Athletics Under-20 ChampionshipsAthletics 11 hours ago
- Football legends join Dalic in condemning referee decisions in World Cup finalWorld Cup 2018 1 hour ago
- World Cup focus now turns to QatarWorld Cup 2018 11 hours ago