Fernando Torres closes the curtains on Atletico Madrid career
Former Liverpool and Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has signed for Japanese side Sagan Tosu claiming that he wanted a new challenge.
He also revealed that he had offers from France, Germany and Spain but didn’t fancy playing for in another European team.
The 34-year-old’s contract at Atletico Madrid ran out this summer and did not renew.
‘I have had offers from France, Germany and even one from Spain but at no point did I ever think about going to another European team,’ said Torres.
‘I wanted a new challenge in a completely different place.’
- Athletics: Madoka Half marathon set for October 20Athletics 3 days ago
- Kabaddi: Kasarani set to host African QualifiersSports 2 days ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 2 days ago
- Champions League Group A: Atletico shake off domestic woes to clinch comeback win at MonacoFootball 2 days ago
- Barcelona 4-0 PSV Eindhoven: Messi scores stunning hat-trick in Champions LeagueFootball 2 days ago
- Tottenham boss Pochettino’s sensational rant after defeat to Inter revealedFootball 2 days ago
- Man United goalkeeper De Gea blasts ‘stupid’ criticismFootball 2 days ago