Fernando Torres closes the curtains on Atletico Madrid career
Former Liverpool and Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has signed for Japanese side Sagan Tosu claiming that he wanted a new challenge.
He also revealed that he had offers from France, Germany and Spain but didn’t fancy playing for in another European team.
The 34-year-old’s contract at Atletico Madrid ran out this summer and did not renew.
‘I have had offers from France, Germany and even one from Spain but at no point did I ever think about going to another European team,’ said Torres.
‘I wanted a new challenge in a completely different place.’
- United should give Solskjaer permanent job this month, says UnitedFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal decide to dump starPremier League 1 month ago
- Football: Bayern pay club record fee for World Cup winner HernandezFootball 3 weeks ago
- Tiger Woods: Obama, Trump, Serena Williams join Twitter frenzyGolf 1 week ago
- Champions League: Man United to beat Barcelona? Football 1 month ago
- Manchester United condemn racist abuse of defenderFootball 5 days ago
- ‘Special one’ Mourinho set for sensational return to managementFootball 1 month ago