Football fan honored by positioning his corpse facing a television screen
Body of dead teen was honored in a very unusual way as his corpse was positioned in a chair facing a television screen with PlayStation pads in his hands and his favourite snacks next to him.
The 18-year-old Renard Matthews of New Orleans, LA, was robbed and shot dead on June 25 while strolling with his dog.
Temeka, the mother to Matthews, revealed during an interview with a local news station WGNO, that her late son was a football and basketball fan – his favourite athlete was Celtics guard Kyrie Irving.
During his remembrance on Sunday, the family had Matthews preserved and placed in stance that reflected his low-key lifestyle.
He wore an Irving jersey and sunglasses, with a PlayStation Controller in his hand, facing the television playing the Celtics with Doritos and soda next to him.
- Kimanzi: Emerging Stars coach says his side can make Olympic historyFootball 6 hours ago
- Kenya Simbas ready to roar againRugby 6 hours ago
- Key lessons from visit of EPL legend and businessman Robbie Fowler for Kenya’s sports organisationsFootball 6 hours ago
- Rugby: Okwemba positive ahead of second Championship match against MMUSTRugby 6 hours ago
- Good news about Barcelona superstar coming to Arsenal Football 4 days ago
- Ballon d'Or top three 'leaked'Football 1 week ago
- Tottenham 0-1 Man City: Mahrez dedicates goal to fallen Leicester chairman Premier League 3 weeks ago