Football fan honored by positioning his corpse facing a television screen
Body of dead teen was honored in a very unusual way as his corpse was positioned in a chair facing a television screen with PlayStation pads in his hands and his favourite snacks next to him.
The 18-year-old Renard Matthews of New Orleans, LA, was robbed and shot dead on June 25 while strolling with his dog.
Temeka, the mother to Matthews, revealed during an interview with a local news station WGNO, that her late son was a football and basketball fan – his favourite athlete was Celtics guard Kyrie Irving.
During his remembrance on Sunday, the family had Matthews preserved and placed in stance that reflected his low-key lifestyle.
He wore an Irving jersey and sunglasses, with a PlayStation Controller in his hand, facing the television playing the Celtics with Doritos and soda next to him.
- Inside Ronaldo's £4.8m mansion set for sale after joining JuventusFootball 10 hours ago
- Neymar ‘set for shock PSG departure’Football 1 day ago
- Jose Mourinho reveals who will be Manchester United captain next seasonFootball 2 hours ago
- Manchester United star ruled out until September - MourinhoFootball 1 day ago
- CAF Confederations Cup quarter-finals hopes: Gor's Guikan responds to critics in fine styleFootball 21 hours ago
- Sports court annuls AC Milan Europa League banSports 6 hours ago
- Why World Cup stewards are in trouble after confronting pitch invadersWorld Cup 2018 9 hours ago