Football fan honored by positioning his corpse facing a television screen
Body of dead teen was honored in a very unusual way as his corpse was positioned in a chair facing a television screen with PlayStation pads in his hands and his favourite snacks next to him.
The 18-year-old Renard Matthews of New Orleans, LA, was robbed and shot dead on June 25 while strolling with his dog.
Temeka, the mother to Matthews, revealed during an interview with a local news station WGNO, that her late son was a football and basketball fan – his favourite athlete was Celtics guard Kyrie Irving.
During his remembrance on Sunday, the family had Matthews preserved and placed in stance that reflected his low-key lifestyle.
He wore an Irving jersey and sunglasses, with a PlayStation Controller in his hand, facing the television playing the Celtics with Doritos and soda next to him.
- Motorsport: Weekend Hill Climb competition postponed due to unforeseen reasonsSports 3 hours ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 3 hours ago
- Basketball: KPA’s trip to Tanzania in doubtBasketball 3 hours ago
- Athletics: Kinyua appointed Meru Sports Council chiefAthletics 3 hours ago
- Sh1.1m raised for noble cause: Chebii swings to victory as Weru registers maiden course Hole-in-OneGolf 1 day ago
- Kabaddi: Kasarani set to host African QualifiersSports 3 hours ago
- Gladys Cherono wins women race at the Berlin MarathonAthletics 2 days ago