Football fan honored by positioning his corpse facing a television screen
Body of dead teen was honored in a very unusual way as his corpse was positioned in a chair facing a television screen with PlayStation pads in his hands and his favourite snacks next to him.
The 18-year-old Renard Matthews of New Orleans, LA, was robbed and shot dead on June 25 while strolling with his dog.
Temeka, the mother to Matthews, revealed during an interview with a local news station WGNO, that her late son was a football and basketball fan – his favourite athlete was Celtics guard Kyrie Irving.
During his remembrance on Sunday, the family had Matthews preserved and placed in stance that reflected his low-key lifestyle.
He wore an Irving jersey and sunglasses, with a PlayStation Controller in his hand, facing the television playing the Celtics with Doritos and soda next to him.
- Kenyan football star has over 10 kids with different women in NairobiGossip & Rumours 1 week ago
- Arsenal: Wenger throws his support behind ArsenalFootball 1 month ago
- Homeboyz targeting Enterprise Cup crownRugby 1 month ago
- Is Pep Guardiola on his way out?Football 1 month ago
- Stalemates dominate National Super League as Wazito remain topFootball 2 weeks ago
- Firm in deal with Paris Marathon to empower Kenyan womenAthletics 3 weeks ago
- Mesut Ozil: Find out why the Arsenal star has angered German government officialsFootball 1 month ago