DONE DEAL: Two Manchester United stars sign new contracts
Manchester United have signed two of their brightest talents onto new deals.
Zak Dearnley and Callum Whelan have been tied down ahead of the new campaign, where they will look to force their way into Jose Mourinho's thinking for a first-team opportunity.
Mourinho handed first-team call ups to a handful of youth team stars last season, most notably Scott McTominay, who became a mainstay in the squad.
Dearnley and Whelan currently play in United's Under-23 side, managed by Ricky Sbragia.
Dearnly, 19, is a forward who scored once in 19 appearances last season.
Midfielder Whelan, also 19, only made five starts during the last campaign but is expected to play an increased role with the Under-23s after signing his new deal.
"Delighted to announce that I have extended my contract with this amazing club thank you all for your support," Dearnley wrote on Twitter.
Whelan simply replied to United's official account with a love heart emoji after his deal was announced.
- Inside Ronaldo's £4.8m mansion set for sale after joining JuventusFootball 10 hours ago
- Neymar ‘set for shock PSG departure’Football 1 day ago
- Jose Mourinho reveals who will be Manchester United captain next seasonFootball 2 hours ago
- CAF Confederations Cup quarter-finals hopes: Gor's Guikan responds to critics in fine styleFootball 21 hours ago
- Manchester United star ruled out until September - MourinhoFootball 1 day ago
- Sports court annuls AC Milan Europa League banSports 6 hours ago
- Why World Cup stewards are in trouble after confronting pitch invadersWorld Cup 2018 9 hours ago