Barcelona confirm arrival of Gremio star in deal worth up to £35million
Barcelona have announced the arrival of Arthur Melo from Gremio.
The La Liga champions reached an agreement for the arrival of the 21-year-old midfielder after Barca chief Robert Fernandez jetted to Brazil in March.
Arthur, who has signed a six-year deal, joins for an initial €31million (£27.5m) with a further €9m (£8m) in bonuses.
He links up with the Barcelona first-team squad immediately, ahead of the pre-season tour of the United States.
Barcelona have included a staggering €400m (£354m) release clause in his deal.
Manchester United were among the many clubs said to be interested in Arthur.
But a deal was struck early, with the youngster being pictured with a Barcelona shirt in March - before the deal was officially ratified.
Arthur will be officially presented as a Barcelona player in the near future, with a date still to be confirmed.
- Inside Ronaldo's £4.8m mansion set for sale after joining JuventusFootball 10 hours ago
- Neymar ‘set for shock PSG departure’Football 1 day ago
- Jose Mourinho reveals who will be Manchester United captain next seasonFootball 2 hours ago
- Manchester United star ruled out until September - MourinhoFootball 1 day ago
- CAF Confederations Cup quarter-finals hopes: Gor's Guikan responds to critics in fine styleFootball 21 hours ago
- Sports court annuls AC Milan Europa League banSports 6 hours ago
- Why World Cup stewards are in trouble after confronting pitch invadersWorld Cup 2018 9 hours ago