Barcelona confirm arrival of Gremio star in deal worth up to £35million
Barcelona have announced the arrival of Arthur Melo from Gremio.
The La Liga champions reached an agreement for the arrival of the 21-year-old midfielder after Barca chief Robert Fernandez jetted to Brazil in March.
Arthur, who has signed a six-year deal, joins for an initial €31million (£27.5m) with a further €9m (£8m) in bonuses.
He links up with the Barcelona first-team squad immediately, ahead of the pre-season tour of the United States.
Barcelona have included a staggering €400m (£354m) release clause in his deal.
Manchester United were among the many clubs said to be interested in Arthur.
But a deal was struck early, with the youngster being pictured with a Barcelona shirt in March - before the deal was officially ratified.
Arthur will be officially presented as a Barcelona player in the near future, with a date still to be confirmed.
- Kimanzi: Emerging Stars coach says his side can make Olympic historyFootball 6 hours ago
- Kenya Simbas ready to roar againRugby 6 hours ago
- Rugby: Okwemba positive ahead of second Championship match against MMUSTRugby 6 hours ago
- Key lessons from visit of EPL legend and businessman Robbie Fowler for Kenya’s sports organisationsFootball 6 hours ago
- Good news about Barcelona superstar coming to Arsenal Football 4 days ago
- Ballon d'Or top three 'leaked'Football 1 week ago
- Arsenal star baffles fans with what he did during trainingFootball 1 week ago