Barcelona confirm arrival of Gremio star in deal worth up to £35million
Barcelona have announced the arrival of Arthur Melo from Gremio.
The La Liga champions reached an agreement for the arrival of the 21-year-old midfielder after Barca chief Robert Fernandez jetted to Brazil in March.
Arthur, who has signed a six-year deal, joins for an initial €31million (£27.5m) with a further €9m (£8m) in bonuses.
He links up with the Barcelona first-team squad immediately, ahead of the pre-season tour of the United States.
Barcelona have included a staggering €400m (£354m) release clause in his deal.
Manchester United were among the many clubs said to be interested in Arthur.
But a deal was struck early, with the youngster being pictured with a Barcelona shirt in March - before the deal was officially ratified.
Arthur will be officially presented as a Barcelona player in the near future, with a date still to be confirmed.
- How Sir Alex Ferguson hinders Man United’s progress - IbrahimovicFootball 1 month ago
- Ex-Man United star Scholes quits Oldham after 31 daysFootball 1 month ago
- Reactions pour in ahead of mouthwatering Zarika, Phiri fightBoxing 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: Lionel Messi returns to Argentina squad for 1st time since World CupFootball 1 month ago
- Photos: Meet dentist behind Liverpool stars’ smilesFootball 1 week ago
- How Manchester City plans to compensate victims of child sexual abusePremier League 1 month ago
- Ronaldo draws blank on Portugal return in Euro qualifierFootball 4 weeks ago