Rhodri Giggs takes shot at brother Ryan Giggs over Manchester bar closure
Rhodri Giggs couldn't resist taking a shot at his brother after the bar he invested in closed less than a year after opening.
Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville's GG Hospitality helped open the Mahiki brand in Manchester city centre.
But earlier this week it was revealed that the basement tiki bar was shutting its doors after failing to draw in the crowds.
Replying to a Manchester Evening News story about the closure, Rhodri wrote, "See what happens when I don’t get an invite," along with three violin emojis.
When the bar threw a lavish launch do in October, former Man Utd and England legend David Beckham partied alongside Coronation Street stars, Real Housewives of Cheshire cast members and fellow footballers.
In 2011, Ryan and Rhodri's relationship ceased to exist when it was revealed the former footballer had been secretly involved with Rhodri's wife Natasha for eight years.
The year before, in 2010, Natasha claimed she aborted Ryan's baby.
Natasha was the one to expose their affair, reportedly deciding to come clean after confronting Ryan about his relationship with Imogen Thomas – an affair he tried to hide behind an ill-fated injunction.
Earlier this year Ryan's dad admitted he was ashamed of the former Manchester United star after he was appointed Wales boss.
"I should be the proudest dad in the world, as happy as a lark by what he's achieved - but I am ashamed of him. I can't even bring myself to use his name - I refer to him as the ex-footballer," Wilson told The Sun.
He went on: "He is my son and it brings me close to tears to say that my family don't respect him and look up to him.
"As the eldest he should have been watching his brother's back - not stabbing him in it. He cheated in the worst possible way and is not man enough to apologise for it."
- Nantes demand Emiliano Sala transfer money from Cardiff Football 1 month ago
- Ronaldo returns to Portugal squad for Euro qualifiersFootball 13 hours ago
- Six African players who could win the Champions LeagueFootball 5 days ago
- Atletico Madrid stun Juventus 2-0 in Champions League Football 3 weeks ago
- De Gea's career crossroads a danger to Man Utd's revivalFootball 2 weeks ago
- ‘Sometimes my body just says no’ – De Bruyne opens up on injuriesPremier League 1 month ago
- Gor rule Mashemeji derby once again after 2-0 win over AFC LeopardsFootball 1 month ago