The number United fans think new signing Fred should be given
Manchester United fans already know which shirt number Fred should be handed after the Brazilian agreed terms with the Old Trafford club on Thursday.
The Red Devils parted with around £52million to land Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk, confirming the deal a whole two weeks after agreeing a fee.
Fred is currently representing his nation in the World Cup in Russia, and is Manchester United's second signing of the summer following the acquisition of Portuguese right-back Diogo Dalot.
Red Devils boss Jose Mourinho revealed why Manchester United were desperate to get a deal done in the immediate aftermath of it being confirmed.
He said: "Fred will complement our other midfielders' qualities, which we need; his creative brain and passing vision will give us another dimension to our game.
"I am very happy he is joining our club and I believe our players know how important he can be in our team."
Fred has yet to be handed a shirt number at Manchester United, but already fans are speculating what he soon may wear on his back.
For the past five seasons in Ukraine Fred has worn the number eight shirt, but Juan Mata owns it at Old Trafford, so the Brazilian will have to look elsewhere.
The 10 shirt is free, and Fred could be handed this, but the club may look to reserve this for a more attacking player, and what's more, supporters want to see him wear another number all together!
The Manchester United mascot - who helped announce the Brazilian had signed - is named Fred the Red and wears the number 55 shirt while parading the pitch before games.
The Old Trafford club now have a new Fred the Red, and some fans would love to see him sport the same number 55 when he turns out for United.
Whether the man in the suit will be as keen, remains to be seen of course!
Trouble is brewing at Old Trafford as new signing Fred asks for the number 55 shirt.
Current owner seeks assurances from manager. pic.twitter.com/E3LarnGzkw — Dan Nixon (@theDanNixon) June 21, 2018
Can we give Fred 55? — Kieron (@DaleyBlindFC) June 21, 2018
- Liverpool star who went from rags to riches Football 18 hours ago
- Juventus responds to Zidane’s return rumoursGossip & Rumours 2 hours ago
- Anderson leads locals at MastersGolf 13 hours ago
- Redemption moment for K’Ogalo as they host YangaFootball 13 hours ago
- Chelsea keeper Courtois: Latest news on the best keeper at the World Cup moving to Real MadridFootball 15 hours ago
- Chelsea and Liverpool locked in transfer battle for Brazilian starGossip & Rumours 3 hours ago
- Focus shifts to KCB Karen Masters tourneyGolf 1 day ago