CONFIRMED! Barcelona Player joins Premier League club
Watford have completed the signing of winger Gerard Deulofeu from Barcelona on a five-year contract, the Premier League club said on Monday.
The 24-year-old, who joined Watford on-loan in January, made seven appearances in the league for the English side last season.
Barcelona said a fee of 13 million euros ($15.3 million) along with another 4 million in variables was agreed for the transfer.
"We are very pleased to welcome Gerard back to Vicarage Road and thank FC Barcelona for their part in concluding this deal," Watford Chairman & CEO Scott Duxbury said on the club's website https://www.watfordfc.com. "Our ambition to succeed and grow in the Premier League remains as strong as ever."
Deulofeu, who has four caps for Spain, progressed through Barcelona's youth system and made his senior debut in 2011 but failed to establish himself at the La Liga outfit.
The Spaniard then moved to Everton in 2015 but re-joined Barcelona in 2017 after a loan spell at AC Milan.
- “It was anxiety,” Brazilian coach Tite explains Switzerland drawWorld Cup 2018 2 days ago
- Mexican celebration over World Cup win triggers earthquake sensorsWorld Cup 2018 2 days ago
- Murray must overcome mental challenge after injury: DjokovicTennis 2 days ago
- Pogba stripped of France goal after Mourinho identifies the scorerWorld Cup 2018 2 days ago
- Why Egypt’s Elshenawy declined ‘Man of the Match Award’World Cup 2018 2 days ago
- Maradona speaks out on Lionel Messi’s missed penaltyWorld Cup 2018 2 days ago
- Croatian striker sent home for ‘refusing to play’ in Nigeria winWorld Cup 2018 2 days ago