Harambee Stars beat New Zealand 2-1 at Mumbai Football Arena
Kariobangi Sharks’ winger Ovella Ochieng’ grabbed a winner and Cliffton Miheso scored yet another beauty as Harambee Stars came from behind to beat New Zealand 2-1 at Mumbai Football Arena on Saturday.
Sarpreet Singh had struck in the 42nd minute to put New Zealand in front before Cliffton Miheso equalized just seconds before half time with a sublime free kick that dipped over the wall and nestled in the top corner.
Stars’ winner came in the 68th minute when Patilla Omoto advanced on the right and served Ovella Ochieng’ who found his way into the area and beat New Zealand keeper Maxime Crocombe with a stunning shot from the right side.
Kenya will now face host India on Monday, with the top two teams facing off in the final on Sunday.
- Juventus 'hold Paul Pogba talks' Football 1 day ago
- Huge rule change coming to Champions LeagueFootball 27 minutes ago
- Manchester United accidentally ‘announce’ transfer of goalkeeper [Photos]Football 7 hours ago
- Arsenal fans receive BAD NEWS on Welbeck’s injuryFootball 1 hour ago
- Kenya Simbas ready to roar againRugby 19 hours ago
- Kimanzi: Emerging Stars coach says his side can make Olympic historyFootball 19 hours ago
- Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane resign from Republic of Ireland jobFootball 4 hours ago