Harambee Stars beat New Zealand 2-1 at Mumbai Football Arena
Kariobangi Sharks’ winger Ovella Ochieng’ grabbed a winner and Cliffton Miheso scored yet another beauty as Harambee Stars came from behind to beat New Zealand 2-1 at Mumbai Football Arena on Saturday.
Sarpreet Singh had struck in the 42nd minute to put New Zealand in front before Cliffton Miheso equalized just seconds before half time with a sublime free kick that dipped over the wall and nestled in the top corner.
Stars’ winner came in the 68th minute when Patilla Omoto advanced on the right and served Ovella Ochieng’ who found his way into the area and beat New Zealand keeper Maxime Crocombe with a stunning shot from the right side.
Kenya will now face host India on Monday, with the top two teams facing off in the final on Sunday.
- Breaking: Lionel Messi returns to Argentina squad for 1st time since World CupFootball 1 month ago
- Oyende, Gitonga to lead Kenya’s continental scrabble championship title defenseSports 3 weeks ago
- Manchester United predicted line up for crucial Premier League clash Football 2 weeks ago
- British heavyweight boxer punished for biting opponentBoxing 2 weeks ago
- Arsenal goalkeeper collapses on pitch after hard knockFootball 1 month ago
- Super Sunday: Red Devils lock horns with Gunners at the EmiratesFootball 1 month ago
- Football: Pogba wants 'happy coach' Solskjaer to stayPremier League 1 month ago