Hales returns to red-ball
England and Nottinghamshire batsman Alex Hales says he will return to red-ball cricket after the 2019 World Cup.
In February, the 29-year-old signed a deal with Notts to only play limited-overs games until 2019, in a bid to cement his spot in the England team.
“I’m certainly not turning my back on four-day cricket,” he said.
“For 18 months I wanted to dedicate all my practice and all my energy to getting as good as I can at white-ball cricket just for the World Cup.”
He told BBC Radio Nottingham: “With the busy schedule - you’ve got the tournaments around the world, the tours with England, the series in the summer and the T20 Blast.
- Shell-shocked Real Madrid knocked out of Champions LeagueFootball 1 month ago
- Find out how African transfer business in football is chasing EuropeFootball 4 weeks ago
- K’Ogalo must not employ spiesFootball 1 month ago
- Super Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Top 16 most ridiculous quotes by the Swedish powerhouseFootball 5 days ago
- Jepkosgei to headline New York Half MarathonAthletics 1 month ago
- Ranieri lined up as Roma sack Di Francesco Football 1 month ago
- Female football fan dies in deadly stampede ahead of AFCON qualifierFootball 3 weeks ago