Volleyball star Atuka calls for support ahead of her Anti-jigger campaign
National women's volleyball team player Trizah Atuka is calling for donations and financial support ahead this Saturday's Anti-jigger campaign in Lukanji, Kakamega County.
The activity in its second edition under the Atuka Foundation is aimed at creating awareness about the jiggers' epidemic, treat, and make referrals in the community.
"Jigger infestation is a problem that has been ignored for a long time in this country. But through my campaign, we want to ensure we have a jigger-free community," said Atuka.
"We are therefore requesting for financial support, donations of clothes, shoes, medicated soaps, disinfectant and gloves to help us fight the menace." She added.
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 7 hours ago
- Athletics: Kinyua appointed Meru Sports Council chiefAthletics 7 hours ago
- KPL: Sharks maul limping Leopards in MachakosFootball 7 hours ago
- Motorsport: Weekend Hill Climb competition postponed due to unforeseen reasonsSports 7 hours ago
- Two football fields on top of a church building in NairobiFootball 1 day ago
- Basketball: KPA’s trip to Tanzania in doubtBasketball 7 hours ago
- Kabaddi: Kasarani set to host African QualifiersSports 7 hours ago