Volleyball star Atuka calls for support ahead of her Anti-jigger campaign
National women's volleyball team player Trizah Atuka is calling for donations and financial support ahead this Saturday's Anti-jigger campaign in Lukanji, Kakamega County.
The activity in its second edition under the Atuka Foundation is aimed at creating awareness about the jiggers' epidemic, treat, and make referrals in the community.
"Jigger infestation is a problem that has been ignored for a long time in this country. But through my campaign, we want to ensure we have a jigger-free community," said Atuka.
"We are therefore requesting for financial support, donations of clothes, shoes, medicated soaps, disinfectant and gloves to help us fight the menace." She added.
- Spurs boss Pochettino backs Barcelona to thrash Man United in UCL quartersFootball 1 month ago
- Japan Olympic minister steps downOlympics 1 week ago
- Manchester United to meet Barcelona in Champions League quarters Football 1 month ago
- Tusker withdraw from Sportpesa Shield battleFootball 1 month ago
- Confed: How Gor Mahia shot themselves in the foot against RS BerkaneFootball 1 week ago
- Football: Jurgen Klopp mocked after blaming WIND for derby stalematePremier League 1 month ago
- For Gor Mahia, it was blood, toil, tears and sweatFootball 4 weeks ago