Volleyball star Atuka calls for support ahead of her Anti-jigger campaign
National women's volleyball team player Trizah Atuka is calling for donations and financial support ahead this Saturday's Anti-jigger campaign in Lukanji, Kakamega County.
The activity in its second edition under the Atuka Foundation is aimed at creating awareness about the jiggers' epidemic, treat, and make referrals in the community.
"Jigger infestation is a problem that has been ignored for a long time in this country. But through my campaign, we want to ensure we have a jigger-free community," said Atuka.
"We are therefore requesting for financial support, donations of clothes, shoes, medicated soaps, disinfectant and gloves to help us fight the menace." She added.
- Mantubila beat Bandari Youth in MombasaFootball 4 hours ago
- Top KCB key players to miss tourneyRugby 5 hours ago
- Manangoi and Cheruiyot plan fast race in MonacoAthletics 4 hours ago
- Gameyetu team arrives in Russia ahead of World Cup opening ceremonyWorld Cup 2018 1 month ago
- Why Jose Gimenez cried during Uruguay's defeat to France in the World Cup quarter-finals World Cup 2018 1 week ago
- How Police arrested KDF in Nakuru legBoxing 3 weeks ago
- Kabarak University Half Marathon set to be an annual event Athletics 2 days ago