Volleyball star Atuka calls for support ahead of her Anti-jigger campaign
National women's volleyball team player Trizah Atuka is calling for donations and financial support ahead this Saturday's Anti-jigger campaign in Lukanji, Kakamega County.
The activity in its second edition under the Atuka Foundation is aimed at creating awareness about the jiggers' epidemic, treat, and make referrals in the community.
"Jigger infestation is a problem that has been ignored for a long time in this country. But through my campaign, we want to ensure we have a jigger-free community," said Atuka.
"We are therefore requesting for financial support, donations of clothes, shoes, medicated soaps, disinfectant and gloves to help us fight the menace." She added.
- Trouble again! Bad news about Sanchez at Manchester UnitedFootball 23 hours ago
- Sadio Mane left in floods of tears during Africa Cup of Nations qualifier match Football 1 day ago
- Bad news about Chelsea superstar leaving Stamford BridgeFootball 7 hours ago
- Manchester United hold talks with midfielder ahead of January windowFootball 2 hours ago
- Former England football star charged with sexual assaultFootball 3 hours ago
- Rugby: Kenya’s World Cup dreams go up in smokeRugby 20 hours ago
- Pogba’s latest statement leaves Man United fans excited worldwidePremier League 5 days ago