Ibrahimovic sent off for LA Galaxy after slapping former QPR winger during MLS clash
Zlatan Ibrahimovic was sent off for LA Galaxy after giving an opponent a clip round the ear.
The former Manchester United striker was given his marching orders in the 41st minute of his side's clash with Montreal Impact on Monday night.
Match officials spotted his altercation with Michael Petrasso, which appeared to be prompted by the former QPR winger stepping on Ibrahimovic's foot.
While the action appeared accidental, Swedish striker Ibrahimovic took exception to it and offered a firm palm round the ear.
Both players collapsed to the floor following the contact.
Petrasso understandably held his head as he dropped to his knees, before Ibrahimovic followed him to the ground.
The referee went to the video monitors and saw what Ibrahimovic had done before sending him for an early bath.
Luckily for Galaxy, they were not made to pay for the incident, as they went on to win the game 1-0.
Old Kamara netted in the 75th minute to secure the crucial victory in the Californian's pursuit of a play-off berth.
- 220 MILLION EUROS! Barcelona to meet shock Neymar release clauseFootball 1 day ago
- 42 sponsors have turned down Harambee Stars – Nick MwendwaFootball 2 hours ago
- Why Harambee Stars have not received Sh50 million despite 3-0 win over Ethiopia Football 4 days ago
- Matasi's stardom: Kenyan international lauds St. Georges move as dream come trueFootball 1 hour ago
- Bolt rejects soccer deal offer from top European clubFootball 20 hours ago
- Kenya 3-0 Ethiopia: Pictures of DP Ruto celebrating wildly go viral Football 4 days ago
- ‘Why I’m plotting Barcelona return…it’s all because of Mbappe' – NeymarFootball 2 days ago