Ibrahimovic sent off for LA Galaxy after slapping former QPR winger during MLS clash
Zlatan Ibrahimovic was sent off for LA Galaxy after giving an opponent a clip round the ear.
The former Manchester United striker was given his marching orders in the 41st minute of his side's clash with Montreal Impact on Monday night.
Match officials spotted his altercation with Michael Petrasso, which appeared to be prompted by the former QPR winger stepping on Ibrahimovic's foot.
While the action appeared accidental, Swedish striker Ibrahimovic took exception to it and offered a firm palm round the ear.
Both players collapsed to the floor following the contact.
Petrasso understandably held his head as he dropped to his knees, before Ibrahimovic followed him to the ground.
The referee went to the video monitors and saw what Ibrahimovic had done before sending him for an early bath.
Luckily for Galaxy, they were not made to pay for the incident, as they went on to win the game 1-0.
Old Kamara netted in the 75th minute to secure the crucial victory in the Californian's pursuit of a play-off berth.
- Long-hitting Dustin Johnson reigns as number oneGolf 18 hours ago
- Liverpool star in Italy to finalise move to Juventus for freeGossip & Rumours 3 hours ago
- Kenyan boxer Agina still missing since Commonwealth Games in Australia two months agoBoxing 9 hours ago
- England fans filmed performing Nazi salutes, risk facing wrath of RussiansWorld Cup 2018 9 hours ago
- Bale's agent discusses chances of Arsenal moveGossip & Rumours 7 hours ago
- Southgate's notes suggest Sterling will not start for England against PanamaWorld Cup 2018 5 hours ago
- FIFA fines Mexico for ‘abuse’ on German player as Chicharito calls for restraintWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago