Ibrahimovic sent off for LA Galaxy after slapping former QPR winger during MLS clash
Zlatan Ibrahimovic was sent off for LA Galaxy after giving an opponent a clip round the ear.
The former Manchester United striker was given his marching orders in the 41st minute of his side's clash with Montreal Impact on Monday night.
Match officials spotted his altercation with Michael Petrasso, which appeared to be prompted by the former QPR winger stepping on Ibrahimovic's foot.
While the action appeared accidental, Swedish striker Ibrahimovic took exception to it and offered a firm palm round the ear.
Both players collapsed to the floor following the contact.
Petrasso understandably held his head as he dropped to his knees, before Ibrahimovic followed him to the ground.
The referee went to the video monitors and saw what Ibrahimovic had done before sending him for an early bath.
Luckily for Galaxy, they were not made to pay for the incident, as they went on to win the game 1-0.
Old Kamara netted in the 75th minute to secure the crucial victory in the Californian's pursuit of a play-off berth.
- Suarez’s girlfriend drops hint star is signing for ArsenalGossip & Rumours 3 days ago
- Why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sits in different dugout seat to Jose MourinhoFootball 4 days ago
- Return of top players to boost team — NyaudoFootball 13 hours ago
- Jose Mourinho sends harsh message to Manchester United players Football 1 day ago
- Morata ends Chelsea nightmare – agrees Atletico Madrid transferPremier League 1 hour ago
- Arsenal confirm departure of key backroom figure Football 19 hours ago
- See tattoos Aubameyang got to celebrate win over Chelsea [Photos]Football 2 hours ago