Ibrahimovic sent off for LA Galaxy after slapping former QPR winger during MLS clash
Zlatan Ibrahimovic was sent off for LA Galaxy after giving an opponent a clip round the ear.
The former Manchester United striker was given his marching orders in the 41st minute of his side's clash with Montreal Impact on Monday night.
Match officials spotted his altercation with Michael Petrasso, which appeared to be prompted by the former QPR winger stepping on Ibrahimovic's foot.
While the action appeared accidental, Swedish striker Ibrahimovic took exception to it and offered a firm palm round the ear.
Both players collapsed to the floor following the contact.
Petrasso understandably held his head as he dropped to his knees, before Ibrahimovic followed him to the ground.
The referee went to the video monitors and saw what Ibrahimovic had done before sending him for an early bath.
Luckily for Galaxy, they were not made to pay for the incident, as they went on to win the game 1-0.
Old Kamara netted in the 75th minute to secure the crucial victory in the Californian's pursuit of a play-off berth.
- Furious Mourinho: This is why we were beaten 3-2 by BrightonFootball 9 hours ago
- Gaming: SportPesa at it again with best industry awardSports 6 hours ago
- Inter Counties Games: Four counties express interest to host 7th editionSports 6 hours ago
- Rugby: Kenya shift focus to repêchage tourney after Namibia defeatRugby 6 hours ago
- Half Marathon: World champ Kiptum wins race for deafAthletics 6 hours ago
- Kenya Ports Authority retain overall title as Kecoso games come to an endSports 6 hours ago
- Kenyan Premier League: Sony claw Sharks to continue resurgenceFootball 6 hours ago