Marseille 0-3 Atletico Madrid: Antoine Griezmann fires Los Colcheneros to Europa League glory
Antoine Griezmann's two-goal salvo fired Atletico Madrid to Europa League glory against Marseille in Lyon.
The Frenchman secured the trophy for his side with a strike either side of half-time on what was a comfortable evening for Diego Simeone's men as Gabi added a late third.
Griezmann's first came after an error from Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa saw the ball fall to the feet of Gabi whose pinpoint through ball was fired past Steve Mandanda.
His second was a clinically taken dinked finish over the keeper after Koke slid his striker through to double his tally.
Former Fulham striker Konstantinos Mitroglou had the best chance for Marseille, hitting the post after emerging from the bench in the last 10 minutes, before skipper Gabi put the icing on the cake for Atletico.
- Unbeaten Selecta are Division One champsFootball 3 weeks ago
- Sir Alex Ferguson 'banned' from Old Trafford for Manchester United matchFootball 2 days ago
- Gor Mahia eager to dim Lobi Stars at KasaraniFootball 15 hours ago
- Kenya give Ethiopia rude welcomeFootball 5 days ago
- Dennis Oliech eyeing big return to footballFootball 2 days ago
- Hockey: Sailors win men’s Super League Hockey 6 days ago
- Kenya wins Copa Coca-Cola under-16 Africa Cup of Nations as they claim boys' and girls' titles Football 15 hours ago