Inter-County Games: Hosts Makueni force draw against Kiambu County
Kiambu County forced a barren draw against hosts Makueni County in Pool A of the women’s football matches at the 4th edition of the Kenya Youth Inter-County Sports Association Games (KYISCA) at Police Band Grounds yesterday.
In the men’s category, Kajiado defeated Meru 3-2 in pool C. Emmanuel Okumu, Melvin Muthomi and Robert Rangard scored for Meru while Paul Njoroge and Oscar Suleiman scored for Kajiado.
Kajiado coach Emmanuel Ndegwa praised his charges’ fighting spirit, saying they would give their all in subsequent matches.
“Meru started on a high tempo but we contained them hence the results. We expect to play the same team as we progress in this tournament,” he said.
Kajiado will be seeking their second title following their 2014 efforts as the games continue at various grounds in Makueni today.
Kiambu coach Richard Kanyi, who also doubles up as the Makueni men’s trainer, said he was impressed by the talent at the tournament.
“This is a big opportunity for youths to showcase their talents. Makueni started its matches well following a 3-1 win over Kwale in the opening match of the men’s game. This is raw talent and therefore we are looking forward to exciting matches,” Kanyi, a former Harambee Starlets coach, said.
Kanyi, who is also the director of KYISCA, said despite the rain in Makueni, matches will go on as scheduled. [Rebecca Jebet and Daniel Nzioka]
- WWE legend is deadSports 19 hours ago
- Manchester City's Silva retires from Spain dutyFootball 13 hours ago
- Golf: Owuor awes Thika as Ndunda rules MachakosGolf 1 day ago
- East Africa Secondary Schools games: Coast team only winner as Kenyans post mixed resultsBasketball 13 hours ago
- Chelsea star: I would have left Chelsea if Conte had remained in charge Football 17 hours ago
- Arsenal manager Emery explains why they were beaten 2-0 by Manchester CityFootball 20 hours ago
- Liverpool report Mo Salah to policeFootball 44 minutes ago