Inter-County Games: Hosts Makueni force draw against Kiambu County
Kiambu County forced a barren draw against hosts Makueni County in Pool A of the women’s football matches at the 4th edition of the Kenya Youth Inter-County Sports Association Games (KYISCA) at Police Band Grounds yesterday.
In the men’s category, Kajiado defeated Meru 3-2 in pool C. Emmanuel Okumu, Melvin Muthomi and Robert Rangard scored for Meru while Paul Njoroge and Oscar Suleiman scored for Kajiado.
Kajiado coach Emmanuel Ndegwa praised his charges’ fighting spirit, saying they would give their all in subsequent matches.
“Meru started on a high tempo but we contained them hence the results. We expect to play the same team as we progress in this tournament,” he said.
Kajiado will be seeking their second title following their 2014 efforts as the games continue at various grounds in Makueni today.
Kiambu coach Richard Kanyi, who also doubles up as the Makueni men’s trainer, said he was impressed by the talent at the tournament.
“This is a big opportunity for youths to showcase their talents. Makueni started its matches well following a 3-1 win over Kwale in the opening match of the men’s game. This is raw talent and therefore we are looking forward to exciting matches,” Kanyi, a former Harambee Starlets coach, said.
Kanyi, who is also the director of KYISCA, said despite the rain in Makueni, matches will go on as scheduled. [Rebecca Jebet and Daniel Nzioka]
- Mourinho set to be punished by FA for touchline brawlFootball 5 hours ago
- Teams to battle for Kenya Volleyball Federation league title national confirmedVolleyball and Handball 11 hours ago
- Kipchoge and Chepkoech crownedAthletics 3 days ago
- KDF stage brilliant shows in MombasaBoxing 11 hours ago
- Liverpool's Mane undergoes hand surgeryFootball 4 days ago
- Unai Emery sends warning to Arsenal fans about certain chantFootball 3 days ago
- Siblings take top two spots in women’s senior raceAthletics 12 hours ago