Philippe Coutinho set to return to Anfield, six months after leaving Liverpool to join Barcelona
Philippe Coutinho, who is expected to be named in the Brazil’s 2018 World Cup squad, will make his first return to Anfield since his £146milion move to Barcelona in January.
Brazil’s Football Confederation confirmed today that they will face Croatia in a friendly game on 3 June 2018 at Anfield, the home of Liverpool FC in England.
The game will form part of both teams’ warm-up to this summer’s highly anticipated FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Liverpool stars Roberto Firmino and Dejan Lovren could also be involved for Brazil and Croatia respectively.
The last encounter between the two sides took place at the 2014 World Cup opener in Brazil when the host won 3-1 after Croatia took an early lead.
- Kenya give Ethiopia rude welcomeFootball 19 hours ago
- Mesut Ozil linked with move to new club in JanuaryFootball 15 hours ago
- South Africa among Afcon hostsFootball 19 hours ago
- Sterling responds to racial attack at Chelsea, reveals who is to blameFootball 2 days ago
- Raila leaves for UK to cheer Gor against EvertonFootball 1 month ago
- Fortune favours the bluffers – Meet fake footballer who played in the Premier LeagueFootball 2 weeks ago
- Will Leopards leap to glory against Sharks?Football 3 days ago