Philippe Coutinho set to return to Anfield, six months after leaving Liverpool to join Barcelona
Philippe Coutinho, who is expected to be named in the Brazil’s 2018 World Cup squad, will make his first return to Anfield since his £146milion move to Barcelona in January.
Brazil’s Football Confederation confirmed today that they will face Croatia in a friendly game on 3 June 2018 at Anfield, the home of Liverpool FC in England.
The game will form part of both teams’ warm-up to this summer’s highly anticipated FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Liverpool stars Roberto Firmino and Dejan Lovren could also be involved for Brazil and Croatia respectively.
The last encounter between the two sides took place at the 2014 World Cup opener in Brazil when the host won 3-1 after Croatia took an early lead.
- Anthony Joshua in heated confrontation with Miller during Povetkin face-off eventBoxing 15 hours ago
- How Police arrested KDF in Nakuru legBoxing 3 weeks ago
- Ahly cruise to CAF victoryFootball 59 minutes ago
- Mantubila beat Bandari Youth in MombasaFootball 59 minutes ago
- Manangoi and Cheruiyot plan fast race in MonacoAthletics 59 minutes ago