Philippe Coutinho set to return to Anfield, six months after leaving Liverpool to join Barcelona
Philippe Coutinho, who is expected to be named in the Brazil’s 2018 World Cup squad, will make his first return to Anfield since his £146milion move to Barcelona in January.
Brazil’s Football Confederation confirmed today that they will face Croatia in a friendly game on 3 June 2018 at Anfield, the home of Liverpool FC in England.
The game will form part of both teams’ warm-up to this summer’s highly anticipated FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Liverpool stars Roberto Firmino and Dejan Lovren could also be involved for Brazil and Croatia respectively.
The last encounter between the two sides took place at the 2014 World Cup opener in Brazil when the host won 3-1 after Croatia took an early lead.
- Golf: Woods ends five-year drought with Tour Championship triumphGolf 1 day ago
- Scorpions sting Vikings: KCAU hold Wazalendo to a 2-2 drawHockey 1 day ago
- Gor prayers answered, players to get payFootball 3 hours ago
- What’s left of Conseslus Kipruto’s car after Tuesday night crash? [Photos]Athletics 5 days ago
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Paul Pogba attacks Jose Mourinho after 1-1 draw with WolvesFootball 1 day ago
- Tragedy at eSport tourneyFootball 4 weeks ago