Philippe Coutinho set to return to Anfield, six months after leaving Liverpool to join Barcelona
Philippe Coutinho, who is expected to be named in the Brazil’s 2018 World Cup squad, will make his first return to Anfield since his £146milion move to Barcelona in January.
Brazil’s Football Confederation confirmed today that they will face Croatia in a friendly game on 3 June 2018 at Anfield, the home of Liverpool FC in England.
The game will form part of both teams’ warm-up to this summer’s highly anticipated FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Liverpool stars Roberto Firmino and Dejan Lovren could also be involved for Brazil and Croatia respectively.
The last encounter between the two sides took place at the 2014 World Cup opener in Brazil when the host won 3-1 after Croatia took an early lead.
- De Bryune injury update – bad news for Man City fansPremier League 2 weeks ago
- Pep apologies to Jesus after Mahrez's penalty missFootball 2 months ago
- Man United striker Lukaku has finally spoken about his body, reveals his problemFootball 4 days ago
- Red-hot Keitany wins NY MarathonAthletics 1 month ago
- Cosmas Korir: I will share the Sh208million jackpot with my friends who helped me Football 2 months ago
- Sterling responds to racial attack at Chelsea, reveals who is to blameFootball 5 days ago
- Champs KPA one step away from semisBasketball 1 month ago