Philippe Coutinho set to return to Anfield, six months after leaving Liverpool to join Barcelona
Philippe Coutinho, who is expected to be named in the Brazil’s 2018 World Cup squad, will make his first return to Anfield since his £146milion move to Barcelona in January.
Brazil’s Football Confederation confirmed today that they will face Croatia in a friendly game on 3 June 2018 at Anfield, the home of Liverpool FC in England.
The game will form part of both teams’ warm-up to this summer’s highly anticipated FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Liverpool stars Roberto Firmino and Dejan Lovren could also be involved for Brazil and Croatia respectively.
The last encounter between the two sides took place at the 2014 World Cup opener in Brazil when the host won 3-1 after Croatia took an early lead.
- France 4 - 2 Croatia: Identity of World Cup pitch invaders REVEALEDWorld Cup 2018 14 hours ago
- France beat Croatia to win 2018 Fifa World Cup in MoscowWorld Cup 2018 14 hours ago
- Kenya tops medal table on the final day of World Athletics Under-20 ChampionshipsAthletics 9 hours ago
- France vs Croatia lineups as Fans arrive ahead of World Cup Final World Cup 2018 16 hours ago
- World Cup focus now turns to QatarWorld Cup 2018 9 hours ago
- Buyan the bear predicts Croatia will beat France in World Cup finalWorld Cup 2018 16 hours ago
- Messi’s wife jets in to offer support as marriage crisis loomsWorld Cup 2018 2 weeks ago