Boston Marathon evokes memories of bloody event that claimed lives and maimed many
It is 5 years after a terrorist attacked runners and fans at a Boston Marathon that killed 3 people and injured 147 others.
Kenya’s defending champions Geoffrey Kirui, Edna Kiplagat as well as the 2015 winner Caroline Rotich are flying the country’s flag.
While the event is worth attention and has received enough acclamation, the bombing of the 2013 has sparked a fountain of tributes.
Families, individuals and marathon enthusiasts are sending messages of tribute to the victims amidst tightened security aimed at securing the next event in US soil.
- Snow maintains Tour lead Golf 2 days ago
- Korean athlete dies after taking part in Nyahururu road raceAthletics 3 days ago
- Barcelona star ruled out for six weeksFootball 1 month ago
- Alexis Sanchez ‘lonely and ignored’ at Man United, only speaks to three teammatesPremier League 2 months ago
- Emery provides update on Ozil amid claims German could leave ArsenalFootball 10 hours ago
- REVEALED! What happened to Sh50m promised by Ruto after Harambee Stars’ AFCON qualification Football 1 month ago
- Glamour club: Best sportspersons for 2018 parade Soya gala trophies at Fort JesusSports 5 days ago