Arsenal ‘ready to release’ Jack Wilshere on a free transfer to AC Milan
The 26-year-old impressed in the Europa League first leg tie between the two sides and Milan have now made Wilshere a primary transfer target.
Wilshere's contract runs out in the summer, and is no closer to agreeing a new deal, with both parties refusing to budge on a suggested 25% pay cut.
Arsenal want to reduce Wilshere's current salary of £120,000, but Wilshere is not prepared to accept the £90,000 on offer.
That has put Milan on red alert, as well as fellow Serie A sides Juventus and Sampdoria who are also keen on the England international.
Wilshere made a glittering start in Arsenal jersey before going a run of chronic injuries that nearly ruined his football career. After having recovered from the injuries, the English international has been finding his feet again at the Emirates and has since featured frequently for Arsene Wenger including 2-2 Chelsea draw where he scored an opener.
Arsenal have struggled in midfield till they signed Granit Xhaka who has adapted to the English league, offering the physical presence in the centre of the park. This perhaps makes Wilshere’s fate with the Gunners quite unclear.
- De Gea's incredible contract details revealed after he agrees new five-year dealGossip & Rumours 3 hours ago
- Egypt goalkeeper refuses player of the match trophy award due to his Muslim faithWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Beautiful but sad story by Lukaku ahead of Tunisia clash in the World CupWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- South Africa-based Nduva wins Kenya Amateur Match play ChampionshipGolf 1 day ago
- Argentina hope arrival of Messi's wife Roccuzzo can stop him blaming himself for penalty missWorld Cup 2018 3 hours ago
- England beat Tunisia 2-1 in World Cup group gameWorld Cup 2018 19 hours ago
- Man United fans want Mourinho to land top target after stellar World Cup displayWorld Cup 2018 8 hours ago