Arsenal ‘ready to release’ Jack Wilshere on a free transfer to AC Milan
The 26-year-old impressed in the Europa League first leg tie between the two sides and Milan have now made Wilshere a primary transfer target.
Wilshere's contract runs out in the summer, and is no closer to agreeing a new deal, with both parties refusing to budge on a suggested 25% pay cut.
Arsenal want to reduce Wilshere's current salary of £120,000, but Wilshere is not prepared to accept the £90,000 on offer.
That has put Milan on red alert, as well as fellow Serie A sides Juventus and Sampdoria who are also keen on the England international.
Wilshere made a glittering start in Arsenal jersey before going a run of chronic injuries that nearly ruined his football career. After having recovered from the injuries, the English international has been finding his feet again at the Emirates and has since featured frequently for Arsene Wenger including 2-2 Chelsea draw where he scored an opener.
Arsenal have struggled in midfield till they signed Granit Xhaka who has adapted to the English league, offering the physical presence in the centre of the park. This perhaps makes Wilshere’s fate with the Gunners quite unclear.
- Kipchoge has extra-ordinary muscular and mental strength – renowned athletics coachAthletics 4 hours ago
- Jose Mourinho explains why his captain will not play against Young Boys tonight Football 21 hours ago
- Tottenham captain pleads guilty to 'drunk-driving' [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Usain Bolt can be good defender – World Cup-winning coachFootball 1 week ago
- Don’t lift ban on Russia, whistleblower warns World Anti-Doping AgencyAthletics 3 hours ago
- Gary Neville warns Paul Pogba, fuels transfer speculationPremier League 6 days ago
- See how Golovkin suffered first defeat of pro career at the hands of Alvarez [Photos] Boxing 4 days ago