Mesut Ozil breaks Eric Cantona's record by becoming fastest player to reach 50 assists in Premier League
Creating his 50th goal in his 141st league fixture, Ozil beat the previous record held by Manchester United legend Eric Cantona by two games.
The rest of the pack includes Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp, who created 50 Premier League goals in 146 appearances for the Gunners.
While Cesc Fabregas took 165 matches to record 50 assists at Arsenal and Chelsea, and David Silva managed the feat in 166 games.
Ozil assisted Mustafi from a free-kick in the first half of Arsenal's victory over Watford at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.
The German centre-back towered above everyone else in the Hornets' box to thunder his header home and put Arsenal in front.
Arsenal went two-up through Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who was set up by the Gunners' other assist king, Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
Aubameyang later returned the favour by setting up Mkhitaryan to make it three.
- Tough battle as Kenya clash with Nigeria Football 20 hours ago
- Mourinho advised to drop Pogba from Liverpool clashFootball 1 day ago
- Sh208million Sportpesa jackpot winner Cosmas Korir plans to launch tournamentFootball 20 hours ago
- Dennis Oliech eyeing big return to footballFootball 2 days ago
- Man United striker Lukaku has finally spoken about his body, reveals his problemFootball 5 days ago
- Chepkoech one step away from best athlete awardAthletics 3 weeks ago
- Premier League club SACK managerFootball 1 week ago