Schools: St Andrew’s Turi claim county hockey trophy
Taking part in the Nakuru County Secondary Schools Term One Games for the first time, St Andrew’s Turi defeated Njoro Girls 3-2 in the final at Kabarak University over the weekend.
With the game locked at 0-0 after normal time, the winner had to be decided through penalties.
In the first shootout, both teams tied 2-2 forcing the match to turn to the sudden death shootout.
It was the ingenuity of Nicole Jean Louis that landed Turi the title.
“This is marvelous. It was a great experience for this talented group after we took every challenge head on the start in the tough and hard playing surface to a very aggressive type of play in this tense match befitting a final match,” Head coach Priscilla Jean Louis told Standard Sports.
St Andrew's now have a ticket to the Rift Valley Secondary Schools Term One Games in Kitale next week. [Ben Ahenda]
- Football: How Kenyans left others hurting in Copa tournamentFootball 9 hours ago
- LaLiga star suffers stroke, rushed to hospitalFootball 1 month ago
- View Starting Lineups - Liverpool vs Man Utd at 7pmFootball 15 hours ago
- Kenya Cup: Mwamba puncture Oilers as Kabras Sugar dissolve Impala in KakamegaRugby 1 day ago
- Hosts Kakamega Homeboyz beat AFC Leapards at Bkhungu StadiumFootball 1 day ago
- Gor Mahia banking on Goodison Park experience against NyasaFootball 2 weeks ago
- Arsenal boss Unai Emery reveals why they were beaten by SouthamptonFootball 11 hours ago