Schools: St Andrew’s Turi claim county hockey trophy
Taking part in the Nakuru County Secondary Schools Term One Games for the first time, St Andrew’s Turi defeated Njoro Girls 3-2 in the final at Kabarak University over the weekend.
With the game locked at 0-0 after normal time, the winner had to be decided through penalties.
In the first shootout, both teams tied 2-2 forcing the match to turn to the sudden death shootout.
It was the ingenuity of Nicole Jean Louis that landed Turi the title.
“This is marvelous. It was a great experience for this talented group after we took every challenge head on the start in the tough and hard playing surface to a very aggressive type of play in this tense match befitting a final match,” Head coach Priscilla Jean Louis told Standard Sports.
St Andrew's now have a ticket to the Rift Valley Secondary Schools Term One Games in Kitale next week. [Ben Ahenda]
- Handball: KHF to organize referees’ courseVolleyball and Handball 2 months ago
- Kwale dominate school gamesSports 7 hours ago
- Snook wary of Morocco threatRugby 7 hours ago
- Arsenal midfield star to leave the club after 17 years of serviceFootball 2 days ago
- Former Arsenal star set to run for president of Nigeria in 2019Gossip & Rumours 2 months ago
- Gor look to extend lead: K’Ogalo lead standings with two points, and have three matches at handFootball 1 month ago
- Football: Standard, KTN in tough poolsFootball 1 week ago