Schools: St Andrew’s Turi claim county hockey trophy
Taking part in the Nakuru County Secondary Schools Term One Games for the first time, St Andrew’s Turi defeated Njoro Girls 3-2 in the final at Kabarak University over the weekend.
With the game locked at 0-0 after normal time, the winner had to be decided through penalties.
In the first shootout, both teams tied 2-2 forcing the match to turn to the sudden death shootout.
It was the ingenuity of Nicole Jean Louis that landed Turi the title.
“This is marvelous. It was a great experience for this talented group after we took every challenge head on the start in the tough and hard playing surface to a very aggressive type of play in this tense match befitting a final match,” Head coach Priscilla Jean Louis told Standard Sports.
St Andrew's now have a ticket to the Rift Valley Secondary Schools Term One Games in Kitale next week. [Ben Ahenda]
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Kenya beat Malawi in a friendly matchFootball 1 week ago
- Gary Neville warns Paul Pogba, fuels transfer speculationPremier League 1 week ago
- Basketball: Zetech dribble closer to playoffs slotBasketball 8 hours ago
- Athletics: Lorita and Cherono triumph at annual Mombasa marathonAthletics 8 hours ago
- Mourinho reveals why they didn’t winFootball 1 day ago
- What’s left of Conseslus Kipruto’s car after Tuesday night crash? [Photos]Athletics 3 days ago