Arsenal to sack Wenger on one condition
Arsenal risk missing out on Champions League competition next season and their only hope of qualifying now lies in winning the Europa League which currently seems pretty unlikely considering their form in recent matches. Missing out on the competition will have a damaging effect on the squad’s budget for the following year.
The Gunners currently sit sixth in the Premier League table with 8 points behind fifth placed Chelsea and 13 points behind fourth placed Tottenham.
According to reports from Express, Arsenal will end Wenger’s 22-year reign at the Emirates if he fails to secure the European trophy.
The North London outfit have a tough two-leg tie against Italian side AC Milan in the last 16 of the Europa League with which if they are knocked out, it could mark the end of Wenger’s managerial career at the Emirates.
Hoffenheim’s 30-year-old coach Julian Nagelsmann has been shortlisted is a replacement for Wenger. Carlo Ancelotti and Eddie Howe are also thought to be potential candidates.
According to The Sun, Arsenal have also lined up former midfielder and Manchester City assistant coach Mikel Arteta as a potential replacement for the under-fire Gunners boss.
However, some members of the Arsenal dressing room do not want Arteta to come in and take over, accusing him of being arrogant and thinking highly of himself.
Arteta was part of Arsenal squad after signing from Everton in 2011 and was appointed the club’s captain in 2014. He won FA and two FA Community Shields before his contract expired at the end of the 2015-16 season.
- Egypt goalkeeper refuses player of the match trophy award due to his Muslim faithWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Beautiful but sad story by Lukaku ahead of Tunisia clash in the World CupWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- South Africa-based Nduva wins Kenya Amateur Match play ChampionshipGolf 1 day ago
- Argentina hope arrival of Messi's wife Roccuzzo can stop him blaming himself for penalty missWorld Cup 2018 3 hours ago
- England beat Tunisia 2-1 in World Cup group gameWorld Cup 2018 19 hours ago
- Man United fans want Mourinho to land top target after stellar World Cup displayWorld Cup 2018 8 hours ago
- Railway golf club: Dr Sho takes the showGolf 1 day ago