‘I'm a warrior’: Teenage boxer wins fight before pulling down his shorts to reveal secret medical condition
Teenage lightweight Michael Valentin continued his unbeaten record with a majority decision over Demetrius Wilson.
But it was after the fight, during his post-match speech, where he stunned his rival and crowd at the Twin Rover Event Center in Lincoln, Rhode Island.
Valentin, nicknamed Bling BLing, dropped his shorts to reveal he fought while wearing a colostomy bag, a plastic bad attached to the stomach which attaches the intestine through a stoma.
He went on to announce he had been born with Hirchsbrung, an intestinal disease which causes nerves to be missing from the intestine.
Valentine has won all four of his professional fights, including one knock-out, but will take a break to have surgery on his condition before returning to the ring towards the end of the year.
The 18-year-old said: "I'm a going to take a break after this fight. I know it's going to hurt me, but, all my life, I dealt with adversity."
"I always fought with a colostomy bag. And for everybody who thinks I'm lying, look at me right now, I got a colostomy bag.
"I'm a fighter. I fight for anything. After this fight, I'll be going on to surgery. I'll be out for about eight months, nine months to recover, but I'll be back.
"I'm going to recover. I'll be strong and I'll give it to anybody. I'm a warrior."
- Snook wary of Morocco threatRugby 7 hours ago
- Arsenal midfield star to leave the club after 17 years of serviceFootball 2 days ago
- Messi and Aguero to retire from international football if Argentina flop out of World CupWorld Cup 2018 16 hours ago
- Handball: KHF to organize referees’ courseVolleyball and Handball 2 months ago
- Chelsea star involved in bust-up with Germany team-mate during training sessionWorld Cup 2018 3 weeks ago
- Manchester United star set to undergo Juventus medicalFootball 2 weeks ago
- Spain boss faces axe one day to the World CupGossip & Rumours 1 week ago