Bayern Munich 5-0 Besiktas: Bayern romp home after Besiktas suffer early red card
Bayern Munich, helped by two typical Thomas Mueller goals and two from Robert Lewandowski, romped to a 5-0 win over Besiktas in their Champions League tie on Tuesday after the Turkish champions played nearly the whole match with 10 men.
Besiktas defender Domagoj Vida was given a straight red card for tripping Lewandowksi outside the penalty area in the 16th minute, the defining moment in the round of 16, first leg tie.
Mueller, inelegant yet always effective, broke the deadlock with a miskick two minutes before halftime to break Besiktas's resistance.
Kingsley Coman and Mueller added two more before Lewandowski helped himself to a late brace, virtually assuring the Bavarians of a seventh successive quarter-final appearance.
- BOXING: Police enter five boxersBoxing 25 minutes ago
- Maradona demands access to Argentina training ground in bid to resurrect World Cup 2018 campaignWorld Cup 2018 8 hours ago
- Arsenal legend robbed Shs 1M upon arrival in RussiaFootball 2 weeks ago
- PHOTOS: Game Yetu in Russia as Belgium take on TunisiaWorld Cup 2018 10 hours ago
- Brilliant Musa double inspires Nigeria to victory World Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Argentina in crisis as coach Sampaoli faces sexual misconduct caseWorld Cup 2018 6 days ago