Bayern Munich 5-0 Besiktas: Bayern romp home after Besiktas suffer early red card
Bayern Munich, helped by two typical Thomas Mueller goals and two from Robert Lewandowski, romped to a 5-0 win over Besiktas in their Champions League tie on Tuesday after the Turkish champions played nearly the whole match with 10 men.
Besiktas defender Domagoj Vida was given a straight red card for tripping Lewandowksi outside the penalty area in the 16th minute, the defining moment in the round of 16, first leg tie.
Mueller, inelegant yet always effective, broke the deadlock with a miskick two minutes before halftime to break Besiktas's resistance.
Kingsley Coman and Mueller added two more before Lewandowski helped himself to a late brace, virtually assuring the Bavarians of a seventh successive quarter-final appearance.
- Scorpions sting Vikings: KCAU hold Wazalendo to a 2-2 drawHockey 1 day ago
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Gary Neville warns Paul Pogba, fuels transfer speculationPremier League 1 week ago
- What’s left of Conseslus Kipruto’s car after Tuesday night crash? [Photos]Athletics 4 days ago
- Athletics: Koech to be buried on TuesdayAthletics 2 weeks ago
- FIFA announce dates for 2022 Qatar World Cup World Cup 2018 2 months ago
- UEFA set to introduce third European club competition after Champions and Europa LeagueFootball 1 week ago