Bayern Munich 5-0 Besiktas: Bayern romp home after Besiktas suffer early red card
Bayern Munich, helped by two typical Thomas Mueller goals and two from Robert Lewandowski, romped to a 5-0 win over Besiktas in their Champions League tie on Tuesday after the Turkish champions played nearly the whole match with 10 men.
Besiktas defender Domagoj Vida was given a straight red card for tripping Lewandowksi outside the penalty area in the 16th minute, the defining moment in the round of 16, first leg tie.
Mueller, inelegant yet always effective, broke the deadlock with a miskick two minutes before halftime to break Besiktas's resistance.
Kingsley Coman and Mueller added two more before Lewandowski helped himself to a late brace, virtually assuring the Bavarians of a seventh successive quarter-final appearance.
- Unbeaten Selecta are Division One champsFootball 3 weeks ago
- Gor Mahia eager to dim Lobi Stars at KasaraniFootball 20 hours ago
- Sir Alex Ferguson 'banned' from Old Trafford for Manchester United matchFootball 3 days ago
- BetLion roars in Kenya Sports 2 days ago
- Kenya give Ethiopia rude welcomeFootball 5 days ago
- Liverpool are the 'lucky ones' moans MourinhoFootball 4 hours ago
- Kenya wins Copa Coca-Cola under-16 Africa Cup of Nations as they claim boys' and girls' titles Football 20 hours ago