Tragedy as Kenyan athlete Francis Kiplagat dies in grisly road accident
Kenyan Athlete Francis Kiplagat is dead.
Francis Kiplagat Lagat was among those who perished in a tragic road accident at Kikopey area, along the Nakuru-Nairobi Highway.
Four people died in the accident that took place on Monday night.
Confirming the accident, Rift Valley Red Cross regional manager Michele Ayabei said the accident involved three vehicles including two trailers and a North Rift shuttle.
Julius Ndegwa, Organising Secretary of the Professional Athletes Association of Kenya (PAAK) confirmed Kiplagat’s death and went on to explain how the athlete had come to Nairobi to pick his visa.
“It’s true we have lost Kiplagat. They had come to Nairobi to get their visas as they were heading back to Eldoret, the accident occurred at Kikopey area,” Julius Ndegwa said.
- Blow for Liverpool as star is ruled out before crucial Manchester United clashFootball 16 hours ago
- Footballer killed by lightning during goal celebration Football 1 day ago
- Anthony Martial given new nickname by Manchester United fansFootball 2 days ago
- Chelsea ban fans over alleged racial abuse of SterlingFootball 2 days ago
- Salah fires Liverpool into Champions League last 16Football 20 hours ago
- Kenya give Ethiopia rude welcomeFootball 2 days ago
- Wenger puts PSG under pressure and he makes final January 1st demandFootball 4 weeks ago