Tragedy as Kenyan athlete Francis Kiplagat dies in grisly road accident
Kenyan Athlete Francis Kiplagat is dead.
Francis Kiplagat Lagat was among those who perished in a tragic road accident at Kikopey area, along the Nakuru-Nairobi Highway.
Four people died in the accident that took place on Monday night.
Confirming the accident, Rift Valley Red Cross regional manager Michele Ayabei said the accident involved three vehicles including two trailers and a North Rift shuttle.
Julius Ndegwa, Organising Secretary of the Professional Athletes Association of Kenya (PAAK) confirmed Kiplagat’s death and went on to explain how the athlete had come to Nairobi to pick his visa.
“It’s true we have lost Kiplagat. They had come to Nairobi to get their visas as they were heading back to Eldoret, the accident occurred at Kikopey area,” Julius Ndegwa said.
- Egypt goalkeeper refuses player of the match trophy award due to his Muslim faithWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Beautiful but sad story by Lukaku ahead of Tunisia clash in the World CupWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- South Africa-based Nduva wins Kenya Amateur Match play ChampionshipGolf 1 day ago
- Argentina hope arrival of Messi's wife Roccuzzo can stop him blaming himself for penalty missWorld Cup 2018 3 hours ago
- Man United fans want Mourinho to land top target after stellar World Cup displayWorld Cup 2018 8 hours ago
- England beat Tunisia 2-1 in World Cup group gameWorld Cup 2018 19 hours ago
- Football: Gogo Boys lift Ramadhan title in styleFootball 18 hours ago