Philippe Coutinho set for return to Liverpool
Philippe Coutinho is poised to return to Liverpool later this year - to play in an international friendly at Anfield.
Liverpool chiefs are in advanced talks with Brazil and Croatia's football federations about hosting the World Cup warm-up game before they travel to Russia, report the Liverpool Echo.
Sunday, June 3 has been penciled in and it would pit Liverpool duo Roberto Firmino and Dejan Lovren against each other.
It would also see Coutinho back at Anfield - five months after completing a record-breaking £142million move to Barcelona.
A sell-out crowd would be guaranteed with Neymar also likely to feature for Brazil. Roma keeper Alisson, who has attracted interest from Liverpool, could also be involved.
Stamford Bridge had been considered as a venue for the game but reports in Croatia suggest that Lovren pushed for Anfield to be used instead
Croatia were keen to play South American opposition as they have been drawn in the same group as Argentina. The World Cup in Russia starts on June 14.
- Nations Cup qualifiers: Kenya’s youngsters seek to finish job in Mauritius todayFootball 6 hours ago
- Tottenham 0-1 Man City: Mahrez dedicates goal to fallen Leicester chairman Premier League 2 weeks ago
- Mourinho facing the sack, Man United consider Pochettino as replacementFootball 4 days ago
- Why Malkia Strikers star Atuka loves Mesut OzilVolleyball and Handball 6 hours ago
- Mourinho gives Martial some “strong” off-pitch advice Football 2 weeks ago
- ‘You will NEVER be captain again’ – Mourinho tells Pogba in training ground bust-upPremier League 1 month ago
- VAR to be used in Premier LeagueFootball 2 days ago