Philippe Coutinho set for return to Liverpool
Philippe Coutinho is poised to return to Liverpool later this year - to play in an international friendly at Anfield.
Liverpool chiefs are in advanced talks with Brazil and Croatia's football federations about hosting the World Cup warm-up game before they travel to Russia, report the Liverpool Echo.
Sunday, June 3 has been penciled in and it would pit Liverpool duo Roberto Firmino and Dejan Lovren against each other.
It would also see Coutinho back at Anfield - five months after completing a record-breaking £142million move to Barcelona.
A sell-out crowd would be guaranteed with Neymar also likely to feature for Brazil. Roma keeper Alisson, who has attracted interest from Liverpool, could also be involved.
Stamford Bridge had been considered as a venue for the game but reports in Croatia suggest that Lovren pushed for Anfield to be used instead
Croatia were keen to play South American opposition as they have been drawn in the same group as Argentina. The World Cup in Russia starts on June 14.
- Chelsea beat Arsenal 3-2 in derby thrillerFootball 18 hours ago
- Chelsea vs Arsenal Lineup at 7:30pmFootball 21 hours ago
- Premier League star accused of ‘drugging and raping’ top modelPremier League 3 hours ago
- Former Arsenal and Liverpool star reveals he was DRUNK when he scored a hat-trickFootball 4 days ago
- KPL: Nakumatt thrash Mathare as AFC claw Thika UnitedFootball 16 hours ago
- Maina wanted by Man United’s MourinhoFootball 2 days ago
- Paul Scholes’ outrageous prediction on how Man United’s season will endPremier League 1 day ago