Kiprotich wins the Access Bank Lagos Marathon
Stephen Kiprotich, a Ugandan born long distan runner has won the Access Bank Lagos City Marathon 2018 arriving at the finishing line with a record time of 2hrs 8mins.
Kiprotich will take home the $50,000 prize money, joining Abhraham Kipton who won the race in 2017 in the record book of winners of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon.
Herpha Guta of Ethiopia also won the women’s edition of the race finishing in 2hrs 38mins.
Participants braved the rain that started at about 5 a.m to come out in their thousands to run in the race which started at the National Stadium in Surulere, Lagos.
Kenyans seems to have dominated the past two editions of the Lagos City marathon with Abraham Kipton winning the inaugural edition and also the second edition where he went home with 50,000 dollars.
The Lagos city marathon is the second best marathon race in Africa just behind Cape Town marathon race.
- Tottenham 0-1 Man City: Mahrez dedicates goal to fallen Leicester chairman Premier League 2 weeks ago
- Mourinho facing the sack, Man United consider Pochettino as replacementFootball 4 days ago
- Why Malkia Strikers star Atuka loves Mesut OzilVolleyball and Handball 6 hours ago
- Former Chelsea and Liverpool star announces retirement from footballFootball 4 days ago
- Nations Cup qualifiers: Kenya’s youngsters seek to finish job in Mauritius todayFootball 6 hours ago
- Former Thika United captain was among passengers who perished in Kericho bus crashFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United squad vs Manchester City revealed Football 6 days ago