Boxing: Joshua faces Parker in heavyweight unification bout in March
Britain's Anthony Joshua will put his perfect 20-fight, 20-knock-out record on the line when he takes on New Zealand's Joseph Parker in a world heavyweight unification bout in Cardiff, Wales on March 31.
Joshua holds the WBA and IBF versions of the crown while Parker is the WBO champion and unbeaten in 24 contests, with 18 knockouts.
Following weeks of negotiations, the 28-year-old Joshua confirmed the fight was on in a video posted on his official Twitter account.
"These fights aren't easy because there's a lot on the line so respect to team Parker for taking the challenge. And you know me, I love this game," he said.
"I'm looking forward to it, training camp is under way and before you know it, March 31st will be upon us."
The winner of the fight will take a step towards becoming the first undisputed heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis in 1999.
American Deontay Wilder holds the fourth belt in the heavyweight division.
- Death threats sent to Colombian midfielder Sanchez after he was red carded World Cup 2018 3 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Why I am growing a beard this World Cup seasonWorld Cup 2018 19 hours ago
- Kenya Sevens coach Simiyu sackedRugby 18 hours ago
- Turmoil in Kenya Sevens team campRugby 14 hours ago
- Long-hitting Dustin Johnson reigns as number oneGolf 1 day ago
- Mick Foley wants WWE to make Big Van Vader Hall of FamerSports 6 hours ago
- Simba get new kit: Simba's all dressed up for the Africa gold cupRugby 1 hour ago