Boxing: Joshua faces Parker in heavyweight unification bout in March
Britain's Anthony Joshua will put his perfect 20-fight, 20-knock-out record on the line when he takes on New Zealand's Joseph Parker in a world heavyweight unification bout in Cardiff, Wales on March 31.
Joshua holds the WBA and IBF versions of the crown while Parker is the WBO champion and unbeaten in 24 contests, with 18 knockouts.
Following weeks of negotiations, the 28-year-old Joshua confirmed the fight was on in a video posted on his official Twitter account.
"These fights aren't easy because there's a lot on the line so respect to team Parker for taking the challenge. And you know me, I love this game," he said.
"I'm looking forward to it, training camp is under way and before you know it, March 31st will be upon us."
The winner of the fight will take a step towards becoming the first undisputed heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis in 1999.
American Deontay Wilder holds the fourth belt in the heavyweight division.
- Malkia Strikers WhatsApp group admin locks out ‘vichwa ngumu’Volleyball and Handball 13 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo will face Manchester United, even after red cardFootball 13 hours ago
- Tottenham coach confirms he could be fired within a weekPremier League 8 hours ago
- Why status quo must remain in the Premier League this weekendFootball 4 hours ago
- Migne names Stars squad for Ethiopia Afcon qualifierFootball 2 hours ago
- Ronaldo’s red card was down to an absurb hallucination – World Cup-winning coachFootball 7 hours ago
- Senior KPL coach and star player in silent war over hot slayqueenFootball 12 hours ago