Harambee Stars striker Olunga becomes first Kenyan to ever score in Spanish La Liga after netting hat trick
Harambee Stars striker Olunga becomes first Kenyan to ever score in Spanish La Liga after netting hat trick for Girona against Las Palmas
Girona crushed Las Palmas 6-0 in the 19th round of Spanish La Liga at home on Saturday.
Harambee Stars striker Michael Olunga scored a hat trick after coming off the bench, and Cristhian Stuani, Borja Garcia Freire and Cristiano Portugues also joined the list of scorers.
Olunga played a starring role as the Catalan side, in their debut season in Spain's top flight, recorded their biggest victory at this level.
The host were ahead at half-time after they were awarded a penalty through Cristhian Stuani who scored Girona's first goal in the 25th minute.
Olunga’s goal in the 57th minute of the second half gave Girona the game's momentum.
The third goal was settled in 64 minutes when Garcia scored his first goal. The host then increased their lead to four goals after Michael Olunga took advantage of a huge mistake by the opposing goalkeeper.
Girona’s Portu scored the fifth goal in the 74th minute before Olunga scored the final goal in the 79th minute, first ever hat-trick by a Girona player in La Liga.
The victory allowed Girona to be promoted to ninth place in the table. Las Palmas continues the course towards degradation with La Liga.
- France vs Croatia lineups as Fans arrive ahead of World Cup Final World Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- France beat Croatia to win 2018 Fifa World Cup in MoscowWorld Cup 2018 10 hours ago
- World Cup focus now turns to QatarWorld Cup 2018 5 hours ago
- Messi’s wife jets in to offer support as marriage crisis loomsWorld Cup 2018 2 weeks ago
- Buyan the bear predicts Croatia will beat France in World Cup finalWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- Kenya tops medal table on the final day of World Athletics Under-20 ChampionshipsAthletics 5 hours ago
- Modric blasts English media after Croatia win over EnglandWorld Cup 2018 3 days ago