Tergat signs deal with Kenya Power
Kenya Power and Paul Tergat Foundation yesterday penned a one-year partnership that will see the power distributor support the foundation’s initiatives.
The annual Safaricom Sports Personality of the Year Awards (Soya) set for Wednesday next week will be the first to benefit from the partnership.
The 12 –month programme seek to promote the foundations’ activities among them encouraging the culture of running for health and leisure as well as tapping and nurturing sports talents.
Kenya Power will also support major programmes initiated by the National Olympic Committee of Kenya President Paul Tergat, who is the founder of the foundation.
He expressed gratitude to Kenya Power for supporting sports through the partnership.
“Kenya Power sets aside part of its profit after tax to support its corporate social responsibility projects,” said Kenya Power Managing Director Ken Tarus.
He said the partnership with Tergat Foundation will allow the company to be a part of its initiatives and enhance sports.
- Messi and Aguero to retire from international football if Argentina flop out of World CupWorld Cup 2018 18 hours ago
- Kwale dominate school gamesSports 9 hours ago
- Arsenal midfield star to leave the club after 17 years of serviceFootball 2 days ago
- Handball: KHF to organize referees’ courseVolleyball and Handball 2 months ago
- UEFA fines European giants after cat stops Champions League matchFootball 2 weeks ago
- Gor look to extend lead: K’Ogalo lead standings with two points, and have three matches at handFootball 1 month ago
- Spain boss faces axe one day to the World CupGossip & Rumours 1 week ago