Tergat signs deal with Kenya Power
Kenya Power and Paul Tergat Foundation yesterday penned a one-year partnership that will see the power distributor support the foundation’s initiatives.
The annual Safaricom Sports Personality of the Year Awards (Soya) set for Wednesday next week will be the first to benefit from the partnership.
The 12 –month programme seek to promote the foundations’ activities among them encouraging the culture of running for health and leisure as well as tapping and nurturing sports talents.
Kenya Power will also support major programmes initiated by the National Olympic Committee of Kenya President Paul Tergat, who is the founder of the foundation.
He expressed gratitude to Kenya Power for supporting sports through the partnership.
“Kenya Power sets aside part of its profit after tax to support its corporate social responsibility projects,” said Kenya Power Managing Director Ken Tarus.
He said the partnership with Tergat Foundation will allow the company to be a part of its initiatives and enhance sports.
- Weekend clubs round-up results:Three birdies earn Kinsch vital victory Golf 1 day ago
- Golf: Woods ends five-year drought with Tour Championship triumphGolf 1 day ago
- Scorpions sting Vikings: KCAU hold Wazalendo to a 2-2 drawHockey 1 day ago
- Mourinho to Pogba: Pogba told he will not captain club againFootball 3 hours ago
- Gor prayers answered, players to get payFootball 7 hours ago
- Son and mum put best stick forwardHockey 2 days ago
- What’s left of Conseslus Kipruto’s car after Tuesday night crash? [Photos]Athletics 5 days ago