Tergat signs deal with Kenya Power
Kenya Power and Paul Tergat Foundation yesterday penned a one-year partnership that will see the power distributor support the foundation’s initiatives.
The annual Safaricom Sports Personality of the Year Awards (Soya) set for Wednesday next week will be the first to benefit from the partnership.
The 12 –month programme seek to promote the foundations’ activities among them encouraging the culture of running for health and leisure as well as tapping and nurturing sports talents.
Kenya Power will also support major programmes initiated by the National Olympic Committee of Kenya President Paul Tergat, who is the founder of the foundation.
He expressed gratitude to Kenya Power for supporting sports through the partnership.
“Kenya Power sets aside part of its profit after tax to support its corporate social responsibility projects,” said Kenya Power Managing Director Ken Tarus.
He said the partnership with Tergat Foundation will allow the company to be a part of its initiatives and enhance sports.
- Kisorio: It was hell and back serving the banAthletics 4 days ago
- Zlatan confirms he won’t return to Man United, but dodges Real Madrid questionFootball 1 month ago
- Kenya give Ethiopia rude welcomeFootball 17 hours ago
- Messi pictured for first time since breaking arm [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- South Africa among Afcon hostsFootball 17 hours ago
- Sportpesa Premier League: Gor Mahia keen to cage Zoo at KasaraniFootball 1 hour ago
- Harambee Starlets’ chances of winning AWCON 2018Football 1 month ago