Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey pips Bale to Wales’ most expensive property
Fresh from another FA Cup final winner, Arsenal star Aaron Ramsey has another reason to celebrate after landing himself a stunning five-bedroom house on the outskirts of Cardiff, reports Wales Online.
The Wales international, in the squad for Sunday's crucial World Cup qualifier against Serbia, has landed one of Wales' most exclusive properties, in the upmarket Lisvane suburb.
The 12,000 sq ft property is set in around 20 acres of land and features:
- A three-hole golf course
- A championship standard tennis court
- A swimming pool and snooker room
- A helicopter pad
- A gymnasium with steam room
It is understood that Real Madrid star Gareth Bale was also interested in buying the property and had even drawn up plans for a huge extension to afford spectacular views across the Bristol Channel.
When previously up for sale in 2012, Rightmove described it as “an extraordinary home of considerable style and quality, constructed in the owners’ vision of their perfect home, drawing upon influences from their extensive travels throughout the world’s continents".
It adds: “It has the essence of a Welsh long-house but features influences which are Mediterranean, Californian, North African and Asian, all harmonising to the most elegant effect.
- Kenya loses appeal to play in women's Cup of NationsFootball 2 hours ago
- Omar Kasongo: Boxing whizz kid whose dreams were floored by a computerBoxing 11 hours ago
- How Kisumu County failed to take advantage of Ronaldinho visitFootball 11 hours ago
- Pogba’s latest statement leaves Man United fans excited worldwidePremier League 2 days ago
- The good and of Golf 2018Golf 3 days ago
- Mourinho facing the sack, Man United consider Pochettino as replacementFootball 3 days ago
- Thunder strike Equity BankBasketball 1 day ago