IOC punishes 11 more Russian competitors
Sochi luge silver medallists Albert Demchenko and Tatyana Ivanova were among a group of 11 Russians disqualified for doping and handed lifetime bans by the International Olympic Committee on Friday.
The announcement comes following hearings by an IOC commission into allegations of state-sponsored doping by hosts Russia at the 2014 Winter Games. Demchenko and Ivanova were punished along with two speed skaters, three cross country skiers, two bobsledders and two ice hockey players.
- France vs Croatia lineups as Fans arrive ahead of World Cup Final World Cup 2018 13 hours ago
- World Cup focus now turns to QatarWorld Cup 2018 5 hours ago
- France beat Croatia to win 2018 Fifa World Cup in MoscowWorld Cup 2018 10 hours ago
- Kenya tops medal table on the final day of World Athletics Under-20 ChampionshipsAthletics 5 hours ago
- Messi’s wife jets in to offer support as marriage crisis loomsWorld Cup 2018 2 weeks ago
- Buyan the bear predicts Croatia will beat France in World Cup finalWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- Modric blasts English media after Croatia win over EnglandWorld Cup 2018 3 days ago