IOC punishes 11 more Russian competitors
Sochi luge silver medallists Albert Demchenko and Tatyana Ivanova were among a group of 11 Russians disqualified for doping and handed lifetime bans by the International Olympic Committee on Friday.
The announcement comes following hearings by an IOC commission into allegations of state-sponsored doping by hosts Russia at the 2014 Winter Games. Demchenko and Ivanova were punished along with two speed skaters, three cross country skiers, two bobsledders and two ice hockey players.
- GSU lift Nakuru County Championships trophyVolleyball and Handball 12 hours ago
- Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger reveals he's ready to start a new job in JanuaryFootball 4 days ago
- Is athletics legend a victim of his trust?Athletics 3 days ago
- Nakumatt, Ushuru fight for Premier League slotFootball 3 days ago
- How Bob Marley's daughter helped Jamaica qualify for World CupFootball 3 days ago
- Unai Emery sends warning to Arsenal fans about certain chantFootball 3 days ago
- Barcelona star lined up by Arsenal for shock January loanFootball 19 hours ago