Irate viewers called the police after Mo Farah shockingly won sports award
Farah was a surprise victor with Anthony Joshua as short as 1/10 with some bookmakers before the ceremony in Liverpool.
And viewers were so angry some even called the police to complain about the result, with the Cheshire force taking to Twitter to tell people not to pick up the phone.
"Calling 101 to complain that the person you voted for to win the Sports Personality of the Year Award is not an appropriate use of the service and a waste of 15p," they tweeted.
"Please think carefully before phoning us."
Farah led a shock top three with Superbike champ Jonathan Rea second and para-athlete Jonnie Peacock third.
As such Joshua, who this year moved to 20-0 in the ring, all by knockout - including his war with Wladimir Klitschko in front of 90,000 at Wembley, didn’t even make the top three.
In SPOTY betting on Betfair's betting exchange an hour before the victor was announced, some 88 percent of all matched money was on Joshua to take the award.
“I’m shocked," said Farah. "I never thought I would win. I didn't prepare any speech.”
- Why Harambee Stars have not received Sh50 million despite 3-0 win over Ethiopia Football 1 week ago
- Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger reveals he's ready to start a new job in JanuaryFootball 4 days ago
- Is athletics legend a victim of his trust?Athletics 3 days ago
- Unai Emery sends warning to Arsenal fans about certain chantFootball 3 days ago
- Barcelona star lined up by Arsenal for shock January loanFootball 19 hours ago
- Bolt rejects soccer deal offer from top European clubFootball 3 days ago
- Messi ruled out for three weeks with fractured armFootball 20 hours ago