Kibugu wins junior stroke play title
Muthaiga’s Mutahi Kibugu is this year’s Kenya Junior Strokes play champion after carding 233 gross to emerge the overall winner t the par 72 Royal Nairobi course.
In the three round-event, Kibugu started round one on a five over par 77 gross, then played an eight over par 80 gross in the second round before finalising the third round on a four over par 76 gross to lift the title.
The event that was organised by the junior golf foundation saw Nyali’s Agil Is Haq emerge the gross winner for the 16-18 years cadre on a round score of 237 gross (80, 80, 77).
Muthaiga’s Taimur Malik carried the 14-15 years title on 249 gross (80, 84, 85) as Leo Zurofac wore the under 13 years crown on 259 gross (82, 87, 90).
On Saturday, handicap 24 Gicheru Kimani fired 38 points to win the 2017 Stanbic tournament while handicap 34 Carol Okara won the women’s contest with 36 points. Playing off handicap 15, Barth Ragalo claimed the senior prize on 36 points while Windsor’s Ben Wandawanda, handicap seven, and golf park’s handicap 11 Ken Wamae were the staff and guest winners with 33 and 38 points respectively.
The Par 72 Kiambu golf course hosted the 28th Wazee Hukumbuka tournament that saw handicap 24 Benjamin Kibuku claim category A men winner with 71 nett while handicap 18 Sophie Njenga won the ladies showdown with 73 nett. Joseph Muchigi, handicap 14, won the men’s category B as handicap 13 Charity Njoroge emerged the lady winner.
- Salah reportedly considering quitting Egyptian national teamWorld Cup 2018 9 hours ago
- Top teams facing early World Cup exit-including two African teamsWorld Cup 2018 3 hours ago
- Xhaka and Shaqiri facing possible bans as FIFA probes controversial celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- World Cup: Round 16 qualifying rules and probable fixturesWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- England rout Panama 6-1 with Kane hat-trickWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- England lineup against Panama leaked, Southgate brings Chelsea youngstarWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Challenges facing Argentina ahead of their must-win group game against NigeriaWorld Cup 2018 20 hours ago