PSG eyeing former boss as the replacement for Unai Emery
French giants Paris Saint Germain are planning to fire their manager Unai Emery and are eyeing the signature of former Barcelona boss Luis Enrique as his replacement, British media have reported.
After joining from the Spanish club Sevilla, Unai Emery has established an impressive squad that has led the Ligue 1 by a larger margin. PSG sit 9 points ahead of second placed Olympic Lyon on the table and are showing signs of clinching the Ligue 1 trophy.
However, the PSG President Nasser Al-Khelaifi is reported to be in doubt of the ability of the Spanish boss, after the giants fell to the newly promoted Strasbourg in a 2-1 rout, and another disappointing 3-1 drubbing by the German Champions Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
Emery’s job is said to be loosely hanging on a thread with a contingent of European coaches lined up to replace him. Sources indicate that PSG hierarchy is also eyeing Chelsea’s coach Antonio Conte, Manchester United’s Jose Mourinho, Atletico Madrid’s Diego Simeone and Juventus’ Massimiliano Allegri.
The French outfit have built a team with formidable attack comprising Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Edinson Cavani. But such has not prevented them from faltering in the past two fixtures.
- How Kisumu County failed to take advantage of Ronaldinho visitFootball 9 hours ago
- Omar Kasongo: Boxing whizz kid whose dreams were floored by a computerBoxing 10 hours ago
- Pogba’s latest statement leaves Man United fans excited worldwidePremier League 2 days ago
- Kenya loses appeal to play in women's Cup of NationsFootball 21 minutes ago
- Thunder strike Equity BankBasketball 1 day ago
- The good and of Golf 2018Golf 3 days ago
- Mourinho facing the sack, Man United consider Pochettino as replacementFootball 3 days ago