PSG eyeing former boss as the replacement for Unai Emery
French giants Paris Saint Germain are planning to fire their manager Unai Emery and are eyeing the signature of former Barcelona boss Luis Enrique as his replacement, British media have reported.
After joining from the Spanish club Sevilla, Unai Emery has established an impressive squad that has led the Ligue 1 by a larger margin. PSG sit 9 points ahead of second placed Olympic Lyon on the table and are showing signs of clinching the Ligue 1 trophy.
However, the PSG President Nasser Al-Khelaifi is reported to be in doubt of the ability of the Spanish boss, after the giants fell to the newly promoted Strasbourg in a 2-1 rout, and another disappointing 3-1 drubbing by the German Champions Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
Emery’s job is said to be loosely hanging on a thread with a contingent of European coaches lined up to replace him. Sources indicate that PSG hierarchy is also eyeing Chelsea’s coach Antonio Conte, Manchester United’s Jose Mourinho, Atletico Madrid’s Diego Simeone and Juventus’ Massimiliano Allegri.
The French outfit have built a team with formidable attack comprising Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Edinson Cavani. But such has not prevented them from faltering in the past two fixtures.
- De Bruyne to miss three months with knee injuryFootball 9 hours ago
- Ashley and Njenga win in Karen tourney for juniorsGolf 1 day ago
- Namibia coach wary of Simbas threat in Cup tieRugby 23 hours ago
- Cavalry Cup set to light up Manyatta Polo Club in GilgilSports 23 hours ago
- Ujuzisoka land in SpainFootball 23 hours ago
- Hail Kenya’s shooting stars: Local sharpshooters post superb display in South AfricaSports 23 hours ago
- How Bett’s talent was tapped while in schoolAthletics 6 days ago