Cristiano Ronaldo could receive fifth Ballon d’Or crown at Eiffel Tower ceremony on Thursday night
Cristiano Ronaldo is set to receive his fifth Ballon d'Or crown on Thursday night - and the Real Madrid superstar will pick up the trophy at the Eiffel Tower.
Leaked pictures of Ronalso’s boots with imprints suggesting that he is poised to bag a fifth prestigious award have been circulated by a section of British press.
The award has been dominated by Ronaldo and Lionel Messi in the last nine years, and the Portuguese is set to join the Argentine on five triumphs apiece.
Ronaldo, 32, is the overwhelming favourite to claim the award, after leading Los Blancos to European and La Liga glory last season.
He has already scooped FIFA's 'The Best' award and is set to be presented as the winner on December 7, at 18:45 UK time.
The event, organised by France Football, will see former Newcastle and Tottenham winger David Ginola present the award.
Michael Owen was the last Englishman to win the award, in 2001. Ronaldo is expected to beat his main challenger Lionel Messi, harry Kane, Gianluigi Buffon and Neymar Jr to the award.
- Barcelona player linked with shock move to ArsenalFootball 16 hours ago
- Reports: Less than a year after joining Blues from Arsenal, Giroud heading out of club ahead of transferFootball 15 hours ago
- Martial free to leave Manchester United but with these conditionsFootball 1 hour ago
- Former FKF boss Sam Nyamweya mourns Mama OliechFootball 13 hours ago
- Mesut Ozil retires from international footballFootball 14 hours ago
- Barcelona frustrate Manchester United’s plan to sign Chelsea superstarFootball 17 hours ago
- Schools: Who will rule this year’s netball turf?Sports 12 hours ago