Cristiano Ronaldo could receive fifth Ballon d’Or crown at Eiffel Tower ceremony on Thursday night
Cristiano Ronaldo is set to receive his fifth Ballon d'Or crown on Thursday night - and the Real Madrid superstar will pick up the trophy at the Eiffel Tower.
Leaked pictures of Ronalso’s boots with imprints suggesting that he is poised to bag a fifth prestigious award have been circulated by a section of British press.
The award has been dominated by Ronaldo and Lionel Messi in the last nine years, and the Portuguese is set to join the Argentine on five triumphs apiece.
Ronaldo, 32, is the overwhelming favourite to claim the award, after leading Los Blancos to European and La Liga glory last season.
He has already scooped FIFA's 'The Best' award and is set to be presented as the winner on December 7, at 18:45 UK time.
The event, organised by France Football, will see former Newcastle and Tottenham winger David Ginola present the award.
Michael Owen was the last Englishman to win the award, in 2001. Ronaldo is expected to beat his main challenger Lionel Messi, harry Kane, Gianluigi Buffon and Neymar Jr to the award.
- Why Harambee Stars have not received Sh50 million despite 3-0 win over Ethiopia Football 3 days ago
- Mourinho sends powerful message to Herrera and Mata about their future at Old Trafford Football 1 day ago
- Njoroge served with warm Tea Fields titleGolf 1 day ago
- Find out why Barcelona are set to distance themselves from Ronaldinho and RivaldoFootball 11 hours ago
- Mourinho charged by FA Football 1 day ago
- Paul Scholes blasts ‘moaning’ MourinhoPremier League 15 hours ago
- Germany on the brink of UEFA Nations League relegation Football 15 hours ago