Mourinho takes a swipe against Arsenal players after the victory
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has launched a scathing criticism against Arsenal players after winning against Arsene Wenger’s side in a 3-1 EPL dramatic victory, at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday.
Mourinho was addressing the media after the game and when he was asked about his reaction on Paul Pogba’s impending miss of Manchester City clash, his response was rather puzzling.
“ I don’t know, I leave that for you (media) to judge. I leave for you the Lukaku situation with Koscielny. I leave for you the Arsenal players on the grass. But probably I would do the same because the grass is always beautiful. I think there is desire to go on there.” Mourinho replied to BT Sport.
The Red Devils hit the net twice to get 2-0 lead in the first half after the Fench midfielder Paul Pogba set up Antonio Valencia and Jessie Lingard respectively. Pogba was later dismissed for making a nasty tackle on Hector Bellerin.
However, the French defender Laurient Koschielny was lucky to have stayed on the pitch after he fouled Romelu Lukaku when Man United had launched a counter attack. Koschielny received a yellow card despite him being the last man. However, Mourinho feels that he should have been dismissed given that he prevented goal scoring opportunity.
The Portuguese Coach took a swipe against the Gunners for ‘going to the ground so easily,’ he described them as players ‘who love the grass.’
Nonetheless, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger may have felt aggrieved for being denied a penalty, after English striker Danny Welbeck was brought down in the box but the referee called for goal kick.
- Two France fans die in Moscow during violent World Cup celebrationWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Pogba reveals why he held World Cup trophy with shin pad during celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 16 hours ago
- Focus shifts to KCB Karen Masters tourneyGolf 10 hours ago
- Patience pays for Kenyan juniors: Under-20 athletes ooze class, lead in global rankingsAthletics 11 hours ago
- Golf-action moves to Karen course as KCB tourney kicks off-sports-golfGolf 10 hours ago
- Conor McGregor poses with Russian president Vladimir Putin at World Cup 2018 FinalSports 18 hours ago
- Kabarak University Half Marathon set to be an annual event Athletics 10 hours ago