Kisumu hosts World Aids Marathon tomorrow
The 13th World HIV/AIDS Marathon will be staged in Kisumu tomorrow. Richard Brodsky and his wife Jody, the brainchaild of the race, will take part.
Runners from America, Canada, some European nations, South Africa and Uganda have confirmed participation.
There will be relays, kids and fun races. Richard Brodsky Foundation is the main sponsor while Kisumu county government, Athletics Kenya and others are among co-sponsors. Prizes will trickle down to the 10th finisher.
The race was started by Richard Brodsky in 2006 to help raise awareness on the HIV/Aids scourge. Sarah Obama race is set for month.
- Two France fans die in Moscow during violent World Cup celebrationWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Pogba reveals why he held World Cup trophy with shin pad during celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 16 hours ago
- Focus shifts to KCB Karen Masters tourneyGolf 10 hours ago
- Patience pays for Kenyan juniors: Under-20 athletes ooze class, lead in global rankingsAthletics 10 hours ago
- Golf-action moves to Karen course as KCB tourney kicks off-sports-golfGolf 10 hours ago
- Kabarak University Half Marathon set to be an annual event Athletics 10 hours ago
- Odumbe sets eyes on ICC promotion: Kenya won the Eastern Sub-regional T20 qualifiersCricket 10 hours ago