Fans threaten to ‘boycott’ CECAFA after FKF cancels Kisumu off the list of venues
Football Kenya Federation President Nick Mwendwa has been criticized after making a decision to relocate CECAFA Senior Challenge fixtures that were to be played in Kisumu to other areas. Irate fans vented their anger in social media to criticize the move that most of them term as ‘uncalled for’ and unfair.
Mr Mwendwa is said to have cited insecurity as the main concern prompting the relocating of the ties to other areas perceived to be more ‘secure.’ A prior schedule that was released by the Secretary General of CECAFA Nicholas Musonye indicated that Kisumu was to provide ground for hosting matches involving Kenya, Libya, Rwanda and Zanzibar as they battle each other in the pool. But as per the latest changes made as of November 24, such matches have been moved to Mumias and Machakos pending final decision.
This decision has been viewed by some soccer fans as unpopular, with many of them threatening to support other teams in the tournament.
Others have think that the decision is merely political and the intention is to starve Kisumu region the benefits that they would have gained from the tournament.
In addition, some fans feel that bringing in the new head coach in Paul Put will not change anything given that he will work with same old technical bench.
- Golf: Gakima floors 78 golfers to win at Railways ClubGolf 1 day ago
- Lukaku delivers BAD NEWS to Man Utd fans about leaving, reveals destination Premier League 1 day ago
- Shocking death statistics of World Cup 2022 stadium workers revealedFootball 7 hours ago
- FA condemns fans' "unacceptable behaviour" before England v SpainFootball 21 hours ago
- Spain 2-3 England: Sterling leads Three Lions to stunning success in SevilleFootball 7 hours ago
- Floyd Mayweather responds to UFC Champion Khabib challenging him to a fightBoxing 21 hours ago
- 'I'm ready to cause havoc' - Premier League star admits after three-year goal drought Football 2 hours ago