Gor Mahia to sign a forward to increase the chances in CAF Championships
Sportpesa Premier League Champions Gor Mahia are in negotiation to sign a new striker to improve their firepower ahead of CAF Championship, the club has confirmed. While speaking to Game Yetu, Gor Mahia’s Secretary General Ronald Ngala indicated that they are in negotiation to bring in a new striker, though he did not disclose further who he is.
“We are in negotiation with him and all details will be availed once the transfer window opens,” Mr Ngala said.
Ivorian striker Ephrem Guikan has been linked to the SPL champions for a while now, with various sources revealing that negotiation may involve a player swap. However, Ngala could not confirm or deny such claims but only insisted that the deal will be public once the window is opened.
Guikan plays for AS Port Louis 2000 in Mauritania where he scored 3 goals in 2 appearances. The 24 year old also bagged 2 goals in 2 appearances at the CAF Championships while playing for his current club. Should he join the ranks of other Gor Mahia players, he will be battling it out with other forwards such as Jacques Tuyisenge and Meddie Kagere who have staged splendid performances handing over K’Ogalo the league trophy this year.
- Why Harambee Stars have not received Sh50 million despite 3-0 win over Ethiopia Football 3 days ago
- Mourinho sends powerful message to Herrera and Mata about their future at Old Trafford Football 1 day ago
- Njoroge served with warm Tea Fields titleGolf 1 day ago
- Find out why Barcelona are set to distance themselves from Ronaldinho and RivaldoFootball 11 hours ago
- Mourinho charged by FA Football 1 day ago
- Paul Scholes blasts ‘moaning’ MourinhoPremier League 15 hours ago
- ‘Why I’m plotting Barcelona return…it’s all because of Mbappe' – NeymarFootball 9 hours ago