Gor Mahia to sign a forward to increase the chances in CAF Championships
Sportpesa Premier League Champions Gor Mahia are in negotiation to sign a new striker to improve their firepower ahead of CAF Championship, the club has confirmed. While speaking to Game Yetu, Gor Mahia’s Secretary General Ronald Ngala indicated that they are in negotiation to bring in a new striker, though he did not disclose further who he is.
“We are in negotiation with him and all details will be availed once the transfer window opens,” Mr Ngala said.
Ivorian striker Ephrem Guikan has been linked to the SPL champions for a while now, with various sources revealing that negotiation may involve a player swap. However, Ngala could not confirm or deny such claims but only insisted that the deal will be public once the window is opened.
Guikan plays for AS Port Louis 2000 in Mauritania where he scored 3 goals in 2 appearances. The 24 year old also bagged 2 goals in 2 appearances at the CAF Championships while playing for his current club. Should he join the ranks of other Gor Mahia players, he will be battling it out with other forwards such as Jacques Tuyisenge and Meddie Kagere who have staged splendid performances handing over K’Ogalo the league trophy this year.
- Barcelona player linked with shock move to ArsenalFootball 15 hours ago
- Reports: Less than a year after joining Blues from Arsenal, Giroud heading out of club ahead of transferFootball 15 hours ago
- Martial free to leave Manchester United but with these conditionsFootball 59 minutes ago
- Former FKF boss Sam Nyamweya mourns Mama OliechFootball 12 hours ago
- Mesut Ozil retires from international footballFootball 14 hours ago
- Barcelona frustrate Manchester United’s plan to sign Chelsea superstarFootball 16 hours ago
- Schools: Who will rule this year’s netball turf?Sports 12 hours ago