Berlin Marathon: (Photos) Eliud Kipchoge dons customised shoes bearing family names
Olympic champion Eliud Kipchoge, defending BMW Berlin Marathon champion Kenenisa Bekele and former world record-holder Wilson Kipsang are chasing a world record at the 44th BMW Berlin Marathon on Sunday morning.
The world’s fastest trio will be chasing glory in Germany city in attempts to break the world record of 2:02:57 which Kenya’s Dennis Kimetto set three years ago in Berlin.
As the three men seek to outsmart each other in Berlin, the battle is seemingly headed for branding superiority. Nike and Adidas to be specific.
According to Sports360, Kipchoge and Bekele are team mates in the NN Running team which is supported by Nike.
Kipchoge will wear custom made Nike Zoom Vapor Elite printed EK with a sock liner top cloth bearing his wife, daughter and son’s names.
On the other hand, Kipsang will be getting into his Adidas’ new limited edition adizero sub 2.
Kipsang’s footwear is also touted the lightest racing shoe by Adidas.
In the time of close to two hours, we will definitely know who reigns supreme…
- WWE legend is deadSports 18 hours ago
- Manchester City's Silva retires from Spain dutyFootball 13 hours ago
- Golf: Owuor awes Thika as Ndunda rules MachakosGolf 1 day ago
- East Africa Secondary Schools games: Coast team only winner as Kenyans post mixed resultsBasketball 13 hours ago
- Chelsea star: I would have left Chelsea if Conte had remained in charge Football 17 hours ago
- Arsenal manager Emery explains why they were beaten 2-0 by Manchester CityFootball 20 hours ago
- Liverpool report Mo Salah to policeFootball 42 minutes ago