Governor’s Cup: Makongeni Youth qualify for Eastern Zone semis
Makongeni Youth defeated Reuben United 2-1 in the ongoing Nairobi Governor’s Cup football tournament at City Stadium over the weekend.
The victory saw Makongeni Youth qualify for the semi-finals in the tournament’s Eastern Zone contest. Makongeni scored through Kennedy Otieno and Godrick Juma. Reuben United got their consolation through Adams Usama.
Terror Squad from Kasarani and Korogocho Youth also made it to the Zone’s semis after drawing 1-1. Enock Mogire scored for Terror, while America Jawa ensured parity for Korogocho.
Jijazie FC from Kamkunji bagged the last semis slot after defeating Kinsan FC 3-0 at City Stadium. Morvo Papalai, James Okello and Vincent Nasa were on target for Jijazie.
Meanwhile, Kamkunji’s Golden Angels defeated Soweto Queens 5-0. Grace Achieng, Sheila Rono, Catherine Achieng, Evelyn Juma and Jess Wangari scored a goal each in the big win. Mukuru Talents and Nairobi County Queens FC drew 0-0.
At the Kariobangi North Primary School, Kariobangi Sports Ladies won 2-0 against Kayole Starlets. Diana Wacera and Mercy Achieng scored for the hosts, who also qualified for the quarter-finals. Girls Unlimited defeated Street Revolution 2-0 in the other match at the same venue.
The winners will face Western Zone champions and the overall winners will get Sh1.5 million. [Erick Ochieng]
- Germany rescue World Cup hopes with dramatic win over SwedenWorld Cup 2018 17 hours ago
- Lukaku, Hazard power Belgium to brink of World Cup last 16 after a 5-2 romp against TunisiaWorld Cup 2018 22 hours ago
- Rugby: MPs offer to mediate Kenya Sevens, Brand Kenya disputeRugby 16 hours ago
- Man United and Man City to battle for PSG superstarWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- BASKETBALL: Kenya defend boys’ under-18 Africa Zone Five titleBasketball 15 hours ago
- “It might be my last World Cup,” says PogbaWorld Cup 2018 1 hour ago
- Maradona demands access to Argentina training ground in bid to resurrect World Cup 2018 campaignWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago