Mexico snatch draw with Portugal in Confederations Cup
Mexico claimed a 2-2 draw with Portugal in their Confederations Cup opener on Sunday with a last-gasp equaliser by Hector Moreno after Cedric seemed to have won the game for the European champions with a goal five minutes from time.
Portugal had an early effort controversially disallowed by the video referees but they eventually took the lead after 34 minutes through Ricardo Quaresma after a mistake by Carlos Salcedo let Cristiano Ronaldo through on goal.
The Portugal captain could not control the ball to shoot but his brilliant pass between three defenders left Quaresma free to round keeper Guillermo Ochoa and tap into the empty net.
Mexico equalised eight minutes later through a Javier Hernandez diving header after poor defending by the Portuguese. Raphael Guerreiro miskicked a cross into the box, allowing Carlos Vela to play the ball back in for Hernandez to score.
Portugal looked to have won when Cedric fired home a deflected shot but Moreno headed home a corner in added time to give Mexico a share of the points.
- Ronaldo earns Portugal 1-0 win as Morocco's hopes endFootball 2 hours ago
- Class act as Senegal fans help clean up stadium after defeating PolandWorld Cup 2018 7 hours ago
- Bizarre rule that stops players from celebrating a goalFootball 1 hour ago
- Colombian pop star robbed valuables worth Shs 79m at World CupWorld Cup 2018 20 hours ago
- English star faces axe against Panama after disappointing performanceWorld Cup 2018 7 hours ago
- Senegal coach Cisse reveals secret weapon to victory over PolandWorld Cup 2018 9 hours ago
- VIDEOS: Song and dance as Portugal, Morocco fans bask in Luzhniki Stadium ahead of crucial matchWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago