Arsenal and Man United ex- striker Robin van Persie considers return to Feyenoord
The Dutch striker told reporters in Holland he would be open to a move to Feyenoord, where he began his career.
The experience front man said he would be open to playing for two Dutch sides.
One is Feyenoord and the other is Excelsior Rotterdam, where he played in the academy until he was 16, according to The Sun
Van Persie said: “Coming back to Netherlands is becoming an increasingly more serious option. And then only at Feyenoord or Excelsior.”
The 33-year-old striker is showing no sign of slowing down with age, having scored seven goals and assisted three in the Super Lig this season.
One of his goals came on his return to Old Trafford in the Europa League, where the entire stadium stood to applaud the Dutchman’s consolation strike in Fenerbahce’s 4-1 defeat.
He is contracted to the Turkish giants until the end of next season but could return to Rotterdam earlier.
Feyenoord secured the Eredivisie title thanks to a hat-trick from Dirk Kuyt on the final day against Heracles.
The Dutch champions may hope Van Persie would have a similar impact to Kuyt, should he choose to leave Turkey and return to his home country.
- Hope for Salah as angry Egyptians snap at 'Ramos the Dog'Football 1 hour ago
- Eliud Kipchoge eight step recipe to success: Kipchoge has studied famous philosophers Aristotle and PlatoAthletics 19 hours ago
- 'Passion, belief and discipline': He is an avid reader and motivational speaker on investmentAthletics 19 hours ago
- Big shots in chase for league titleHockey 1 day ago
- Trump pardons late black boxing champion Jack Johnson jailed for dating white womanBoxing 1 day ago
- Champions League final line-ups: Real Madrid vs Liverpool at 9:45pm on KTN HomeFootball 23 hours ago
- PHOTOS: Liverpool fans attacked by hooligans ahead of Champions League finalFootball 1 day ago