Nairobi games: Olympic Mixed book slot in today’s final
Olympic Mixed yesterday thrashed Bright Star Academy 5-0 to book a place in the girls football finals.
This was in the Airtel Rising Stars Secondary Schools Term Two B games that end today at Lenana School.
Vivian Mwale scored a brace while Irene Namale, Drailer Salome and Diana Lauzi netted a goal each for the 2013 national champions.
Mwale put Olympic ahead nine minutes into play with Namale adding a second six minutes later.
Bright Star tightened their defence managing to contain the goal hungry Olympic for a while.
However, a lapse in concentration at the back saw Salome send the ball past Bright Star keeper Beverly Sungu.
Mwale added her second in the 37th minute before Lauzi sealed victory in the 50th minute.
Olympic are defending the regional title they won last year in the now defunct Metropolitan Region.
They will play the winner between State House and Maina Wanjigi in today’s final.
In boys’ contest, Highway drubbed Jamhuri 4-0 to advance to the finals.
Dickson Omwenga and Moses Barasa bagged a brace each to move Highway closer glory. [Elizabeth Mburugu]
- BASKETBALL: Kenya defend boys’ under-18 Africa Zone Five titleBasketball 11 hours ago
- Man United and Man City to battle for PSG superstarWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- Messi’s diehard fan commits suicide after Argentina shockerSports 47 minutes ago
- Sportpesa finally unveils the identity of 31milion mega jackpot winnerWorld Cup 2018 4 days ago
- Shujaa players boycott training ahead of Rugby World CupRugby 2 days ago
- Maradona demands access to Argentina training ground in bid to resurrect World Cup 2018 campaignWorld Cup 2018 20 hours ago
- Fans shocked by what Messi did in Argentina's defeat by Croatia in World CupWorld Cup 2018 2 days ago