Rally: Kabras Sugar Racing announces three-car Safari Classic team
Chager savours maiden Safari as Tejveer and Onkar prepare for another show at the Safari Classic.
Kabras Sugar Racing team has announced its lineup for this year's East African Safari Classic Rally.
Three Porsche 911s prepared by the famous BMA organisation in Belgium will race under the Kabras banner and will be driven by former KNRC Division Two former champion Onkar Singh Rai, elder brother Tejveer Singh Rai and Kenya's three-time national rally champion, Baldev Chager.
While the team uses Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10 R4s in the Kenya national rally championship, the sleek and sturdy Porsche 911 has been Kabras' forte for the past two Safari Classics.
The three Porsche 911s are enjoying a full strip and rebuild in Belgium under BMA Chief, Bernard Munster.
The cars will then be flown in for a series of tests ahead of this year's Safari Classic Rally, which will be sponsored by Kenya Airways and Safaricom among others.
While Tejveer will be making his second appearance and Onkar his third in the Safari Classic, multiple ARC Safari Rally champion Chager will be making his debut at the rally and he is certainly savouring the chance.
"I'm a second-generation child of motorsport," says Chager. "My family's ties throughout the motorsport family have been vital. I cannot wait for this year's rally," said Chager.
Onkar made his rallying debut during the 2010 Guru Nanak Rally. A quick driver and fast learner, Onkar has won the coveted KNRC Division One and Two championships in his seven-year racing career.
Tejveer is yet to lay claim to a championship title, but has earned numerous top 10 finishes in the KNRC as a Division One driver.
"I predict a highly exciting Safari Classic Rally," said Onkar. "We had a stage win in 2013, but didn't achieve our potential last time out. We will set the record straight this year."
- Kenya Sevens coach Simiyu sackedRugby 1 day ago
- Fans shocked by what Messi did in Argentina's defeat by Croatia in World CupWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Why I am growing a beard this World Cup seasonWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Death threats sent to Colombian midfielder Sanchez after he was red carded World Cup 2018 10 hours ago
- Sterling reveals the incredible story behind why he turned down ArsenalFootball 5 hours ago
- Messi and Aguero to retire from international football if Argentina flop out of World CupWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- Senegal defender confirms Sarri’s move to ChelseaWorld Cup 2018 9 hours ago