Kenya, Rwanda First Ladies in race for peace
First Lady Margaret Kenyatta will tomorrow join Rwanda's Jeanette Kagame in the annual Kigali International Peace Marathon.
The race is expected to draw thousands of athletes from across the world, including Kenyans. An estimated 6000 athletes, diplomats and peace enthusiasts are expected to take part in the peace race, a national showpiece that now enters its 13th year.
Although the Kigali event incorporates the 42 km and the 21km races, the two First Ladies are scheduled to run a symbolic 7 km special “run for peace” after flagging off the other two events.
Since 2013, Kenya's First Lady has run four Half Marathons in Nairobi and London Marathon. [PSCU]
- Snook wary of Morocco threatRugby 9 hours ago
- Messi and Aguero to retire from international football if Argentina flop out of World CupWorld Cup 2018 18 hours ago
- Kwale dominate school gamesSports 9 hours ago
- Arsenal midfield star to leave the club after 17 years of serviceFootball 2 days ago
- Cruel World Cup group has Morocco, Iran grasping at strawsWorld Cup 2018 1 week ago
- Football: Standard, KTN in tough poolsFootball 1 week ago
- Liverpool fans to be kept in Stadium for hours as tensions mount in RomeFootball 1 month ago