Arsenal star Laurent Koscielny open to return to France with Marseille keen on summer transfer
Arsenal star Laurent Koscielny has refused to rule out a move back to France amid rumours Marseille are hoping to sign him.
Laurent Koscielny moved to Arsenal from Ligue 1 side Lorient in 2010 and since then he has moved up team ranks to become Arsenal's stand-in captain.
Koscielny’s contract at Arsenal expires in June 2020 but Marseille manager Rudi Garcia is reportedly keen on buying the 31-year-old defender.
“People have mentioned (a move to Marseille) but there is nothing concrete, “He told French paper Le Figaro.
“I may want to return to France but lots of questions would be asked because it’s never simple being at a club like Arsenal for seven years and returning to France.
“It will be life choices, outside of football, that decide what happens next in my career,” said Marseille coach Rudi Garcia.
- Chelsea reluctant to pay Conte over his treatment of CostaGossip & Rumours 1 hour ago
- Rhodri Giggs takes shot at brother Ryan Giggs over Manchester bar closureGossip & Rumours 3 hours ago
- Petit points out main difference between Ronaldo and Messi in the World CupWorld Cup 2018 3 hours ago
- Snook wary of Morocco threatRugby 13 hours ago
- Arsenal midfield star to leave the club after 17 years of serviceFootball 3 days ago
- Messi and Aguero to retire from international football if Argentina flop out of World CupWorld Cup 2018 22 hours ago
- Kwale dominate school gamesSports 13 hours ago