Giroud wants Wenger to stay at Arsenal
Olivier Giroud has given his full support towards under-fire boss Arsene Wenger and hopes to see him pledge his long-term future to Arsenal.
Wenger’s position remains in doubt following the team’s failure to secure their position in the top four.
Saturday’s gutless performance against West Brom leaves them six points behind Liverpool in fourth place and they are in serious danger of missing out a Champions League place.
The Gunners boss is out of contract at the end of the season and a number of fans are calling for him to leave the north London club.
But Giroud has no doubts that Wenger is the best man for the job and despite reports of dressing room unrest, he insists all the players are firmly behind him.
Giroud, speaking to Canal +, said: "We want to see Arsène Wenger sign an extension. To continue the adventure, because we support him."
Despite the negativity surrounding the Gunners, Giroud still feels they can have a memorable end to the campaign if they can beat Manchester City in the FA Cup semi-final next month and finish in the top four.
He added: "We hope to win the cup and qualify Arsenal for the Champions' League."
- Why Real Madrid defender Marcelo chopped away the net after Champions League winFootball 8 hours ago
- HOCKEY: Telkom beat woeful VikingsHockey 1 day ago
- Athletics: Cheruiyot victorious in Bowerman Mile raceAthletics 2 hours ago
- PHOTOS: Gor Mahia takes on Hull City at Kasarani StadiumFootball 2 weeks ago
- Photos of Faith Kipyegon’s Baby shower emerge on social mediaGossip & Rumours 5 hours ago
- Mo Salah gives MASSIVE WORLD CUP UPDATE after shoulder injuryFootball 4 hours ago
- How Champions League pitch invader ruined Cristiano Ronaldo’s hopesFootball 4 hours ago