Man of the match thanks wife and girlfriend
South Africa-based Ghanaian footballer Mohammed Anas was so excited after scoring twice in a top-flight match that he thanked his wife -- and his girlfriend.
The goals for Free State Stars in an away league draw with Ajax Cape Town this weekend earned striker Anas the man of the match award from the league sponsors.
He got a statuette and a cash prize plus an obligatory post-match touchline interview.
What followed was a hilarious blunder as Anas made a slip of the tongue that went viral.
"I appreciate my fans," said Anas, "and my wife and my girlfriend."
Realising that he had scored a spectacular "own goal", he added: "I'm so sorry, my wife. I love you so much from my heart."
"Two goals, two girls. Mohammed Anas," tweeted Given Zondi.
"Mohammed Anas scored two goals plus an own goal," said Papago Rapz.
- Why Real Madrid defender Marcelo chopped away the net after Champions League winFootball 8 hours ago
- HOCKEY: Telkom beat woeful VikingsHockey 1 day ago
- Hope for Salah as angry Egyptians snap at 'Ramos the Dog'Football 8 hours ago
- Snook targets World Cup qualification with SimbasRugby 1 month ago
- SportPesa Premier League: Nakumatt continue resurgence, Sharks silence BandariFootball 9 hours ago
- Athletics: Cheruiyot victorious in Bowerman Mile raceAthletics 2 hours ago
- PHOTOS: Gor Mahia takes on Hull City at Kasarani StadiumFootball 2 weeks ago